Sign in to follow this  
fla

brake bias valve pics for a VR?

Can anyone post some pics of their bias valve and the position it shopuld be in for standard and lowered ride heights? I just want to see if mine is missing anything or indeed wrongly adjusted. Thanks.

thanks for that MAtt - looks like the bracket to the valve has fallen off from mine, part 9, but i'll have another look :(

H.

Set it midway, best you can do. Need a pressure rig with two pressure gauges (VAG1310 Tool) to check the brakes are balanced correctly.

Check is for one hydraulic circuit at a time, ie. front left/rear right or front right/rear left.

Figures:

Front reading 50bar

Rear reading 27 - 33 bar.

Front reading 100bar

Rear reading 48 - 54 bar.

If too low, move the valve block lever connection to increase spring tension, too high a pressure reading, slacken the spring tension.

Photo is the original factory fitted compensator never removed/dis-assembled. On Koni's with standard springs so ride height is normal.

(Ignore the brake fluid drip in the photo, mine had just failed its MoT in Sept'06 grrrrrrr)

C.