Rams

Rotrex Charged Storm: She's Gone!

Looks awesome, I remember wanting a set of those wheels for mine years ago! I'm constantly toying with the idea of upping the power on mine, but the only place I can see who sell Rotrex kits are Storm Developments and the prices aren't pretty! Guess I'll keep browsing ebay and the classifieds...

Nick

Hi mate, have you tried CCR Racing in Denmark? I will keep an eye out for you also so if I see something I will let you know. If you need details I have an email address for them.

Cheers

What a car! If you were not such a nice guy id hate ur guts Ramsey :) see you at national day?

Hi there! How are things? National day?? Not sure on that one, what are the dates and location?

Also how are things going with your beast?

Thanks for the phrase matey

Found some black sun visor clips as the paint was rubbing off mine and looked stupid.

Replaced a few more screws with the correct ones and just have a few more bits to do with the under tray on the driver side.

Need to change the front calliper colour, maybe black or silver to tone it down.

I bought another set of floor mats from TPS and this time the passenger side had the Corrado emblem as well as the driver side. Normally just found the emblem on the driver side only??

Bonnet prop rubber fitted, bought the correct screws that hold the fan guard to the slam panel. Glove box screws all now in.

I know there's still plenty of room to lower the car but not sure if I should try and bring it down a bit more??

Just a little update

Looking great :) don't suppose you have your old drivers side floor mat you may want to sell me?

I do, it's also about 4 months old and in very good order- are you going to the Stanford day?

Cool. Do you have any photos? Just need make sure they match. Mine went missing in action and all other mats are in good condition, yeah I sure am going Stanford hall mate :) I can PayPal you before ?

Hi there! How are things? National day?? Not sure on that one, what are the dates and location?

Also how are things going with your beast?

Thanks for the phrase matey

Just a little update

Im good thanks buddy, beast is back in one piece after doing my winter jobs; powder coated stuff, injector service, tank straps etc etc.

National day is 20th July at castle combe, should be good :)

Will snap a picture tomorrow, it doesn't even have a heel mark/indent at all.

Re national day, will check date of friends wedding which maybe the same day/weekend...

Glad she's all back together, nice satisfying job powder coating stuff!

Just put the painted badge on and think it makes a nice change...

Cool. Do you have any photos? Just need make sure they match. Mine went missing in action and all other mats are in good condition, yeah I sure am going Stanford hall mate :) I can PayPal you before ?

Floor mat as promised

Just to keep on with things,

Noticed 2 dribbles of coolant on the on the gear box plug/grommet. Traced it back to the aux water pump. It's the original one and apart from the crack pipe everything coolant wise has changed with new.

Ordered some other little parts, the glove box strip as mine broke when I removed it. eBay special for £7.99 in perfect condition. You guessed it..... Just need to have it trimmed!

Bought a pair of SLC side markers, again, eBay special and a bargain price. I've read forums where people have been desperate to find them... They are the orange ones as I quite like the look and will swap my clear ones out to see what it's like.

I need to find a front VR bumper so I can have these properly fitted and sit flush than how mine fix now. At the same time going to find another slam panel and have it blasted / powder coated /painted.

Otherwise, enjoyed Stanford. Especially seeing the older generation lovingly cleaning and polishing their cars. I know I'm going to be like that when I'm older. You leave these shows with more motivation when you see the quality and effort that's been put in.

I think I persuaded John with the ultra low mileage Green Storm to get it supercharged. He was a top man and has some nice bikes and cars. Hope to catch up with you again. Hope I got his name correct.

Finally cheers to those who organised the event and got out passes out in time, we left it quite late so cheers Paul.

See you all at National day, if someone wants to fit my lighting wiring loom upgrade I will happily pay you. It has the connectors already fitted but my car has a loom upgrade currently and think a wire is coming the the other headlight as it seems missing.

Edited by Rams

I'm sure I could pay you in parts, cheers.

R u going to National day?

---------- Post added at 1:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Forgot to ask, there's a plastic shroud that covers the 3 sensor on the thermostats housing, mine was broken when it was removed last and just ordered a new one and they guy said have fun fitting it. Any heads up or a picture to see which way it goes on?

It's probably a good thing to have it there to keep dirt away etc and noticed a few were missing on others C and some had them fitted. It was a fiver from TPS.

It arrives tomorrow but wondered if I can simply clip it back on or if I have to remove stuff?

I have that on mine and Id never seen one before. Its just a push/slide fit from the battery side. A little fiddly but nothing to bad.

Never knew there was such a thing! Got any pics? Also, whats this glove box strip you speak of????

I've got a couple of small plastic parts left over from when I stripped the interior! :lol:

Here's the glove box plastic trim strip, covers the lower 2 screws or 3? Along the bottom where it hinges.

The other plastic shroud, will take a picture when I can find the old one.

I'm sure I could pay you in parts, cheers.

R u going to National day?

---------- Post added at 1:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Forgot to ask, there's a plastic shroud that covers the 3 sensor on the thermostats housing, mine was broken when it was removed last and just ordered a new one and they guy said have fun fitting it. Any heads up or a picture to see which way it goes on?

Simple mate. As you are facing the car it slides from your right (ns) to your left (os) if its new maybe warm it a little to make it softer? Not sure why parts man said it was so tough......

Here's the glove box plastic trim strip, covers the lower 2 screws or 3? Along the bottom where it hinges.

The other plastic shroud, will take a picture when I can find the old one.

Ahhh thats what its for! :bonk: Its sat in the glove box anyway! lol. Will get it fitted back now, cheers!

I've changed the auxiliary water pump just now, also found that there are 2 rubber brackets with lugs through them, the top rubbers were fine but the bottom one- the lugs had been damaged so didn't connect into the bracket and possibly engine movement etc has caused it to leak but the seal was definitely worn on the pump itself.

So I've just tried to order a new holder as the part number was on it.

Nice simple job, undo the lead holders and removed 3 leads from the coil pack, enough room to slide the cover out and lost no water or coolant and replaced with new.

Also had a look at the thermostat housing cover and worked out how to fit it, see pic. Part number is 357 972 279 cap.

Now I've worked out how to do it on the spare housing I've got at home I can now go back to the car and fit it.

Thanks to Owen for helping me install the headlight loom, as soon as he got there he said, right as your car has the loom upgraded already we need to return the wiring back to factory which he re connected the couple of wires originally spliced back into the connectors and finally I could get rid of the nasty loom as it was wired over the radiator and looked such a mess.

This now all fits nicely and I removed the grill and headlights so all wiring is not noticeable and tucked the relays into the battery material cover which I only recently fitted back to the battery.

Last night was great as once I hit the dipped beam I could see! My old loom just upgraded the headlights but not the dipped beam so when you needed extra light and flick the stalk it was worse, now its great. Nice bit of kit from Kurzy. All using the factory connectors.

Even I managed it! Cheers

The new pump was £88.45 plus the dreaded

The new rubbers to mount the pump are £10.28 plus the dreaded I think for the pair.

Should I hear it make a noise? Cant hear anything but you can't hear much over the charger and the air /pipework for the air filer. You get a lot of air noise in the pipework because it's so long and spans from one side to the other.

I've always wondered about it as a few people had issues with them working once going obd2. So how do I check for sure?

The fact it leaked does that mean its working?

What does it exactly do? Just helps push coolant around to ensure flow?

You should be able to hear the auxillary water pump as soon as the key is turned to on without actually starting the car

You can just about hear it with ignition on ,engine not running. If you touch it you can also feel if its working with slight vibration.

I think it stops air locks forming when engine is switched off & its hot ,as it will run after switching off engine,also heard it helps circulation to heater,not completely sure though :shrug: