Rams

Rotrex Charged Storm: She's Gone!

Good luck with what ever you decide to do,

It's your car,your money,

But Kevs,wrong,I'm getting buried in mine ! lol

Maybe you've not had your 7 year itch yet, or 9 year itch in my case :D

Chaps, interesting replies -

The day I wrote the ' I'm breaking it' I had just picked her up after replacing the wiring loom with another obd2 loom and now the aux pump is working but there's still a fault as its not coming on when the engine is off and she going back next week and hoping it can be sorted once and for all. Even though I'm still in 2 minds, I want to fix this issue and just got a bit upset with it all.

If I can take her somewhere that can help me with this I would be grateful to know who could help me with this?

I also recently broke up with my girlfriend of 5 years and have been quite up and down and trying to pick myself up. It hasn't been easy and for anyone that's gone through something similar it can have funny effects on you.

I'm looking at a Porsche 911 Carrera 4 S Convertible, the 997 model. I've always wanted a convertible since forever and never owned one and now after 7 years trying to get a project through I've managed to pull it off so will enable me to buy the Porsche. I'm single, have no kids and thinking this is the time where I should enjoy such a car and what a car it is!

Now the concern is, when the Porsche comes, am I really going to have the same love for the C or is it going to become redundant? I just couldn't stand to see the C standing there doing nothing and for what I've spent, nobody would be stupid enough to pay me something close to what's been pumped into her and that's why the breaking it idea came to mind.

Just the front Recaro seats alone would owe me more than 1600 pounds, sourcing from Germany, re trimming and delivery and fixing the wiring fault. The charger and the linked items to run it all safely, again over a couple of thousand pounds, plus map is more than 3000 pounds. That's now over 4500 pounds and we haven't got into the wheels, suspension and the rest of the interior bla bla bla.

Some nice C's haven't even made that amount and if I advertised the car for strong money and someone said its over priced I couldn't take the feedback. I'd say there's over 20,000 pounds spent on this car just to put things into perspective.

I've had quite a few emails saying they would buy the entire interior, the engine and other items so its good to know that there's interest out there.

So I need to decide if I can keep the car as ultimately when I do meet someone and want to start a family the Porsche will have to go and I would be missing the C. I've got the Audi TT, plus my van and soon my driveway will be an NCP!

It hasn't been an easy time like I say but it was an idea I had and wanted to test the water.

I've just put a years tax on the C and washed her yesterday and went out for a drive and this weekend I want to fit all the under trays and get it all back together.

Here's a picture of the tailgate plastic that was trimmed, nice little touch and didn't want to ruffle any feathers but now you know what I'm going to buy it may sit a little better and some of my other reasons.

I've been a member here for over 10 years, had 4 Corrado's and amongst my friends I've very much the Corrado man and love them to bits. So go easy on me folkes!

Edited by Rams

I am sure all the people who showed interest totally understand where your coming from mate these little car's do test your commitment at times.I am glad you have decided to keep a car like your's need's an owner like you.:D

I only spent so much as I never thought I would sell it and I would reap the benefits of it being totally reliable. I'm still undecided and its a decision I won't make hastily.

Each time I had one and sold it because I couldn't afford it was painful and with this one I thought she would get everything she needed as I started my own business 4 years ago worked my socks off and had the money to do it but perhaps neglected the other things in life which are just as important.

Lets see what happens and thanks for your reply.

Hi Rams, sounds like you've got alot of stuff going on at the moment mate and I hope things get better and it all works out for you.

I think we all understand and know that it won't be an easy decision for you to make, whatever that may be for you and your Corrado.

Another option that might be worth considering would be to contact a few of these classic car clubs where they look after your car for you and it then goes onto their books to be made available to their exclusive members for a day or several days hire, which they pay for through their accumulated annual club points, or something like that.

The club would store and look after your car for you and I'm sure another forum member used to do this with his VR successfully.

Just an idea that might be worth exploring for you. You'd still own the car and it would get driven and enjoyed by classic car enthusiasts. I reckon alot of well heeled non Corrado folk would love to drive a top spec. luxury VR6 for a weekend away.

Cheers,

Phil

The classic car clubs don't usually take on modified cars but they do make exceptions for quality subtle mod's, I reckon your car could fall into this bracket quite nicely. You could even consider Classic hire companies aswell, food for thought anyway.

They may say that your car's too modified and you'd need to detune the engine a bit but even so, it's do-able.

I reckon it could work for you and your car wouldn't be sat in your garage or on the driveway.

Anyone got any thoughts on this idea?

I think it's a cracking idea, but I guess it depends on whether someone is willing to let others drive their pride and joy. People keep their horses in livery stables, so why not cars?!

Also, I'm sorry to hear you've been going through such a rough time, Rams. Hope you manage to find a resolution you're happy with. 997 is never a bad option in my eyes! However, I hope you can keep the C for later on, as well as buy the Porsche.

Glad to hear someone likes my idea!

It's worth considering that these car clubs are pretty exclusive and can cost 2K upwards per year plus a pretty tasty joining fee to become a member, so serious, well off car folk. The kind of people who want to drive a 70's Aston or 80's Ferrari, along with 90's tasty metal like an Audi UR Quattro or Corrado G60 or VR6 etc.

If you sell your car or break it then other people will drive it, so what's the difference really!?

It would be pretty cool knowing that your car could be in a stable of thoroughbred classic cars that all get moderately exercised.

A £20k Corrado and a 997 convertible??? Jesus - any jobs going at your place? :D

In all seriousness relationship break ups will mess your head up like nothing else. It's a cliche but time really is a great healer so my advice would be to not do anything rash and give yourself a bit of time to get yourself together before you do anything you may regret eg break your Corrado. Good luck mate it will sort itself out, always does ;)

I've had a good think and I've decided to keep her and get the other car towards the end of this year and that way both cars keep the mileage down... When I started to think about it I soon realised I would miss her too much and would be throwing away money.

Just recently I've had people taking pictures of the car at traffic lights and quite a few comments from passers by when pulling into the drive way. Boosted my passion for it all and a nice blast out with the guys and whilst looking in the rear view mirror I found myself saying, " Corrado's do look very cool"

Going to take it up to another level and continue improving her. Going to scarf in some a6 door handles and get an Intercooler fitted and all new charger pipework etc.

So I'm here to stay guys!

Thanks for all your kind words too!

Good choice mate , if in daubt chuck a load of cash at it lol , seriously though if im ever avin daubts i ususlly just use the car as it is until the love comes back , i usually go to a few car meets and events and that brings all the car business back