87 Jetta 16v

Moonroof - Are they a different size?

Hi all,

Just a quick question, are passat moonroofs a different size to the standard corrado sunroof panels? I appear to have a gap around mine and I was wondering if this is:

a. Just mine,

b. My seal has "shrunk" or

c. I have a biger hole in the roof than normal :lol:

Any experience would be aprecated before I visit the stealers for a spot of anal violation.

Thanks,

N.

i have a glass roof in mine but it was in when i got it.

i cna check the part numbers on the glass to see if its the same one for you?

Ok, just taken a look. My part number is 43R-001366. Supplied by autoglass by the look of things. I have a gap around 1.5 - 2 mm. To me that = damp!!

so its aftermarket glass?

dont think it will be the same part numbers if so. will check it for you. cant really be assed goin outside so will do it in morn if thats good for you?

Best fit of moonroof has seat ibiza 1995 model. I mean al this same like 1995 as I'm not sure in what year period they were made. Next one is passat b4, and the most sticky is golf mk3.

i have a passat b4 sunny. it fits well but not quite as snug as the original corrado one. and agree with coullstar, slight wind noise at high speed if the shutter isnt closed

I have a Passat moonroof and it doesnt fit perfectly, slight bit if wind noise at speed.

yer i do get that too but hey its an old car and they are ment to do that :D i normally only notice it when im on the hands free kit :D

Hmm, it's not the wind noise I am worried about, precipitation on the other hand = steamed up car :(

is it a b4 sunny? (cant speak for the other types as ive never tried them) if so, you wont have that problem bud, ive had mine in for ages and never experienced a problem like that with it.

Ok, just taken a look. My part number is 43R-001366. Supplied by autoglass by the look of things. I have a gap around 1.5 - 2 mm. To me that = damp!!

these are the numbers of mine - 43R-001090

this is basically everything which is on it!

VW

ROCKWELL INTERNATIONAL

ROCKWELL GLOBE GMBH

SEKURT

SAINT-GOBAIN

E1 43R-001090

DOT27M24610AS3

B TINTED 4

there are no gaps on mine, it fits like a glove!

these are the numbers of mine - 43R-001090

this is basically everything which is on it!

VW

ROCKWELL INTERNATIONAL

ROCKWELL GLOBE GMBH

SEKURT

SAINT-GOBAIN

E1 43R-001090

DOT27M24610AS3

B TINTED 4

there are no gaps on mine, it fits like a glove!

Simon, cheers for that - was just about to post exactly the same info....

Yeah mine is the same glass part as above and fits like factory, I think they do look slighty different to the original as they use the MK3 seal as opposed to the MK2 / Corrado one.

I removed my passat mono roof from passat in scrap yard and fitted it to my corrado and the fit is perfect, altho it is slightly raised at the front as you look at the car head on. That might be what ppl are talking about with the wind noise.

I removed my passat mono roof from passat in scrap yard and fitted it to my corrado and the fit is perfect, altho it is slightly raised at the front as you look at the car head on. That might be what ppl are talking about with the wind noise.

probably is bud, mine is slightly raised

Well, I had the tape measure out earlier, and without olypian standards of accuracy measured a passat b4 roof (OEM Securit glass), and the moonroof in my corrado, both the same at 372mm. It sits just fine in the apperture, just a 1mm gap at the back. I guess that will mean new seal from VW. Question is, passat or corrado seal?

My late passat moonroof in the valver is a lovely fit. not 100%, but I'm happy with it. The early one in the VR is a bit more shit.

For the moonroof you need a passat / MK3 seal as it fits to the glass roof itself.

Cool ,thanks. Does a corrado seal not fit to to the roof itself too, like on a mk2?

thread ressurection :)

just fitted a moon roof from a passat with the 43R-001090 number, but I do have a sizeable gap especially at the rear.

now the seal is very tired and perished looking, no felt left on it at all so I was going to buy a new one, but VW are quoting £61.51 exc VAT - which is bordering on extortion given what it is, anyone else bought one for cheaper or from somewhere else?!

at that price i feel a 2nd hand purchase coming on....

Doing this one on my own car at min, Passat b4 estate moonroof and fit is very good on first trial. Seal is however kaput looking so ordered new stealer one to fit up before re fitting the headliner etc. seal is dear but way I see it, second hand one isn't an option and if the git leaks then it's alot more hassle wrecking headlining etc so bit the bullet! Plus moonroof set up only cost £20 so can afford to put few bob towards the seal :)

Edited by Thumper