87 Jetta 16v

Moonroof - Are they a different size?

I got one today and fitted it (right pain it was too!) but I'll check tomorrow for the part number for you on the bag.

A fellow Norn Iron man! Bout Yee? :)

That would be great. How much was the seal too? Sometimes these parts are way cheaper at my local Stealers here in Germany.

Are you into the scene at home much? I've lost touch with the local Club GTI crowd.

I don't know if the glass panel is different, but one thing that became apparent when replacing the seal on the steel roof is it's a lot easier if you warm it up first. Then it needs to be stretched before being tapped onto the panel.

They need to be adjusted to sit level and snug - that will get rid of the wind noise and fit issues.

i noticed after a quick look at the weekend a couple of tiny hex type nuts/ bolts at each side that look like they connect the glass/ mechanism, are these the adjustment you're referring to?

i noticed after a quick look at the weekend a couple of tiny hex type nuts/ bolts at each side that look like they connect the glass/ mechanism, are these the adjustment you're referring to?

Yes they're the badgers I had a fiddle with to get mine just right.

I got one today and fitted it (right pain it was too!) but I'll check tomorrow for the part number for you on the bag.

Any joy with that part number mate? Price would be handy too. Cheers

Part number is: 321877209A

The best way to fit the seal is glue the two ends together on one short side of the panel (otherwise they will pull apart leaving a gap), then lube the rest of the seal with fairy liquid and it goes on dead easy :D The fairy liquid will disperse when the car is washed or rained on.

Part number is: 321877209A

The best way to fit the seal is glue the two ends together on one short side of the panel (otherwise they will pull apart leaving a gap), then lube the rest of the seal with fairy liquid and it goes on dead easy :D The fairy liquid will disperse when the car is washed or rained on.

Top tip. Thanks!

do the part numbers differ if its from a passat estate or not? I ask as I've replaced my glass with what I thought is a passat estate version and it doesnt fit as well as my previous one even though the part numbers are the same. I may just need to play with the adjustments but wanted to ask.

What about ordering the seal abroad? UK VW always seem to charge over the odds.

What about ordering the seal abroad? UK VW always seem to charge over the odds.

€53 plus postage from the German Stealers. So that's £42.20 at today's rates.

Interesting they have the Passat seal shown for the Corrado as it's completely different, as is the repair kit.

that is the seal/gasket part number for both passat and corrado (generic part cut to right length for each) but it is for the steel roof only

http://www.autohaus-schlagheck.de/ is where I get all my German sourced parts and where I quoted the price from earlier.

"Unsere Services" then "Online Shop" and enter the part number in the search box. Delivery is a bit pricey but all genuine parts and with you in a few days.

My moonroof doesn't go back to the flush position when you slide it back to close it? Anyone else getting this problem, or aim I missing something? I have to get out and look at the roof and press the button to line it up! Not good when going along ;)

Close it fully to the correct position manually, then remove the motor from the mech. With power still to the motor, operate it to the park position. Turn off the ignition, put the motor back into the mech, then try again. :thumbleft: