Sign in to follow this  
Jim

So.. bought a Corrado!

Well I thought some of you might like to know.. I know some of you already know.

I've arranged to buy leew's 1992 Pearl Green G60 off him. It used to be Brookescourts car, but lee has realised that he needs something a little more sensible for the family and that the Corrado has to go. Its a wonderful looking (and sounding!) car with excellent history, so it should be a nice car to own.

I went to take a look on Sunday as he was so local (there wasn't any certainty of a deal at the time) but after a look at the car and a chat, we've come to a deal. I spoke with him on the phone this morning, and we basically said ok to a deal.. so its as good as done.

So hopefully in the next week or two i'll be Corrado'd.. I cant wait :)

Thanks Lee.

been a long time coming.... really happy for ya dude!!! 8)

welcome to the world of forced induction!! :twisted: :twisted:

I can't wait to see how the G60 drives compared to my old 16v..

To be honest it should be a different car in every respect because of the way its been modified!

Nice one :thumbleft: , ive always liked that C, does it still have the 16" Speedlines on it?

Alas not.. it just recently got some rather tasty Borbet T's put on it, but because of the offset / suspension arrangement it meant it was a bit of an impractical setup and it was a reason why I nearly didn't buy the car. As I say, they looked great but Lee said you'd struggle to get a passenger in or fill up with any more than £10 of fuel at a time without the wheels rubbing on the arches.

So we came to a bit of a deal and i'll be riding around on some older spare BBS's he had.. but I will be on the lookout for some nice alloys eventually. Lee wasn't as keen on those speedlines, but I really liked em tbh!! :)

Oh, and thanks everyone.

It'll be great to be back. I'll no longer be an outsider :)

You do indeed andycowuk - I think jimsG60 might be the order of the day now! :)

Or maybe just Jim.

Welcome back to Corrado ownership :cheers:

Pearl green ay? A great colour, as long as you keep it clean :p

I take it you'll be showing it off at the CCGB AGM at Gaydon on the 7th March?

Cheers

Mark

You bet! I was hoping the right car would come along before then.. so I don't get someone asking :

"So who the hell parked a Saxo up with the Corrado's then!!"

As happened at the last meeting... grr ;)

And as for keeping the car clean.. shouldn't be a problem. I am a car washing fanatic.. I have a tonne of Autoglym stuff in the garage raring to go :)

Aye.. seems like it, but its only been since the tail end of February 2003.. so not even a year!

I don't think my car could of gone to a more deserving chap :) I'm sure he will look after it as both myself and Brookescourt did.

Congrats mate

PS. Didn't take you long to get a posting up :lol: