Sign in to follow this  
jdb1964

'94 16V fan wont stop !!! Its driving me mad HELP!

Hi,my recently aquired '94 2.0 16V has a fan which won't stop ...

It seemed to work fine the first week I had it now last week it didn't turn off after a 15m run home after work so was in the house and I thought oh well just running it cool for a while, noise continued so went out to it after about 15m and it was going beserk and after now 20m was still running so I removed the fan connector plug, engine cooled well so left it. Went to it next am and reconnected plug but again ran full time so what can you advice .

thanks in advance

any independant VW garages that are good round Chester ???

Jon

I have this prob with mine, but it keeps fixing itself! On a serious note it will most likely be the fan swith in the radiator, you can buy these form gsf for about £10 ish or you can go to the stealers and have your pants pulled down! Pitty your a bit too far for me to look at it (i'm a mechanic by trade) Hope this helps Booth.

update on this

was infact the switch in the radiator being the problem

thanks for advice to chiller1 btw :clap:

now just the osf ABS to sort now...

changed the horrid 17s back to refubished :) oem westwood 15 with new 195/50/50 Hankook Ventus V12 , for some reason there was a spacer fitted to the OSR wheel only ?!?

shitty old locking wheel nuts replaced at same time now the ABS light is on :bad-words:

J

Hi Jon,

Be nice to see some photo's of the westwoods on the car now you've had them refurbed?

Cheers,

Ian :D