Sign in to follow this  
Mawrick

why the h**** doesn't goodridge brake line kit fit?

I bought a goodrich "braided" line brake hose kit from deamon-tweaks late last year.

Stated a 95 VR6 - now that we try to fit the cables to the rear caliper it seem to have a wrong type of "cone", and it seem to "bottom" before it actually seals.

Anyone else used these kits - and know what might be wrong....

just sendt them a mail, hopefully they can sort this out.

If I end up going with OEM - could I still use the braided on front and on the ones that goes to the axel ? (ie OEM on rear and braided on rest) ?

have they sent the mk4 caliper conversion kit by mistake

I was thinking that thought but unsure what the difference is between those - is it only the "coned" fitting that differs?.

I was thinking that thought but unsure what the difference is between those - is it only the "coned" fitting that differs?.

i'll get a pic tomorrow of my mk4 hoses for you :salute:

Yea, a pic would be great.

Can it be that the calipers differ on the Corrado's ?? (AFAIK there where both Girling, and some other brand (the one I have)) delivered on these cars?.

goodridge do two differnt types of kit for vr6's, although the rear's should technically be the same. get some pics up..

sorry there, didn't manage to get round to this yesterday, will get it done after work for sure this evening

Yes, there can be a problem.

When I bought them for my VR6 several years ago, my local garage man told me they had the wrong fitting for my car's brakes. He was absolutely correct. Someone I spoke to at a supplier in England about it said "not another f*****g Corrado, is it?" :lol:

Anyway, the right ones came and have been fine for years. IIRC not much help/advice came from makers/suppliers.

sorry there, didn't manage to get round to this yesterday, will get it done after work for sure this evening

Any luck in getting this pic? :)

Any luck in getting this pic? :)

sorry fella, got there in the end :)

goodridge do two differnt types of kit for vr6's, although the rear's should technically be the same. get some pics up..

Not for a Corrado they don't - a 95 on VR6 Golf kit comes with the front banjo hoses for the ATE brake setup but the rear beam and rear caliper hoses are all the same.

The one I got look like this:

DSC_1511.jpg

DSC_1512.jpg

The one on the left is supposed to go in the rear caliper - the other one is for the front caliper.

I would presume and would like the tip to be the same on the rear as the front - without the bras shims thingy (it should be like that "cone" tip to get it "thight").

Any of you guys used this type on your cars? - or is it also available with that "cone" tip?.

(I'm thinking of going with the OEM hose at the rear if this can't be had with the cone)....

All I know is that the first set that came to me did not fit right and my garage man described why. I sent his diagram and his comments to the supplier's expert (him who said "Not another f***in' Corrado?!" :lol: - He was actually very helpful and a really funny guy) and the correct set came. I will try and dig out paperwork.

All I know is that the first set that came to me did not fit right and my garage man described why. I sent his diagram and his comments to the supplier's expert (him who said "Not another f***in' Corrado?!" :lol: - He was actually very helpful and a really funny guy) and the correct set came. I will try and dig out paperwork.

Yea would be greate with some info - apreciate it!.

great! - seem's to me that's the same trouble there is with mine :)

Tere should not be a copper washer - and also the "end" should be same as the front one........

I presume it would be ok for me to forward this to the supplier I bought it from ?.

I ended up having to get them from VW - as the supplier have gone silent on me (I will try further - as it's a big retailer in the U.K so hopefully they will eventually get back to me) - but the trouble is that I get my brakes done early next week - and have to have some lines ready.....:(

Now it seem like I have to get new brake hoses from VW for the front as well - and I guess I will be going OEM on the ones from the rear stub as well.

One of the front one doesn't seem to seal - and even got it looked over by a mechanic with 30+ experience - he didn't "dare" to thighten anymore.

What a waste of money these lines where.......can't say I will bring positive comments regarding the goodridge hoses.....:(

IIRC I vowed I would not deal with that company again , but the one guy (agent?) who did help me was good.

Customer care? - Never heard of it chum!

Bought it thru another dealer - but after some conversation via e-mail they seem to have gone silent again.....:(

Won't be dealing with them again my self.