Sign in to follow this  
V-Dubstar

Greenstuff vs Redstuff

Im not entirely sure which to go for here (I know there are better brands about, but have a budget! :wink: )

I'm not THAT much of a fast driver, but do occasionally like putting my foot down! The redstuffs are supposedly for more fast road/track use and the green's for 'street'. Do u think Id benefit from the reds, or not as I won't get them warm enough?

Price isn't too much of a factor between the 2 as both front and rear sets of green are £84 delivered and reds are £100.

Has anyone recent experience of supposed EBC's new improvements to these pads?

That's the thing - both rear and front sets of the EBC's come to £84 or £100 :(

Best price I've found (and trust, I've been searching lol) for the DS performance pads both front and rear is £125 delivered. Doesn't sound like much more but as mentioned, Im on a tight budget!!

Are we talking about 288 brakes or 280's here as they will be different pads. Im also interested in this as i've got a set of 288s that will probably need pads.

As a similar driver to v-dubstar, by the sounds of it, the ferodo is the pad to go for? as in normal driving with the occasional lead foot

Are we talking about 288 brakes or 280's here as they will be different pads. Im also interested in this as i've got a set of 288s that will probably need pads.

As a similar driver to v-dubstar, by the sounds of it, the ferodo is the pad to go for? as in normal driving with the occasional lead foot

Mine will be for 288's and standard rears...

Ah OK, I didn't realise that was for front and rear pads. £84 is bloomin cheap :D

To be honest mate, you don't need anything special on the rear. I just use these now - http://www.brakeworld.co.uk/brakeworld/ ... /bw339.htm because my gf's Mum gets them at trade price, which is about £11 IIRC :lol:

To be honest, I had DS2500 rear pads before these and I notice no difference.

You want good pads in the front though, of course :D

ive had greenstuff pads before and they worked ok. they wont be up to much hard work though. ive got yellowstuff pads on my track car and they are immense!

Heard good things about yellows - going to replace my M1144s with them next time.

they are meant for track use so i hope they are going on a track car? i would imagine they would be ok on the road though, they didn't seem too bad when they were cold. get them warmed up though and they are fantastic! i could out brake alot of stuff on the track with ease, even with standard discs on

Had Yellows in my AP calipers and the DS2500 is better imo, certainly a lot better form cold...

DS3000 or Pagid Grey if you're into REALLY grippy pads :D

Had Yellows in my AP calipers and the DS2500 is better imo, certainly a lot better form cold...

DS3000 or Pagid Grey if you're into REALLY grippy pads :D

braking from cold isn't an issue on track, and the pads heat up pretty quick anyway. i guess the only problem with the DS pads is the price. I might give them a go when i change my pads though, they are getting pretty good reviews on here