ChrisKnottIns

NEW CORRADO FORUM INSURANCE SCHEME VIA CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

Hi to all!

This forum have been in discussion with ourselves about an insurance scheme for registered users on here. We are glad to say that we have signed the deal so I'd just like to introduce myself & our company!

Chris Knott Insurance - http://www.chrisknott.co.uk - have been involved with car clubs for over 20 years so hopefully we'll understand your needs & requirements!

The scheme is for both standard and modified cars with cosmetic changes and bhp increases by no more than 50bhp.

It starts for ages 22 and over (25 and over for VR6's) for Comprehensive cover and 19+ for TPFT cover, and you must have at least 1 year's NCB – no introductory discounts are allowed.

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that, or similar bhp, car. Unfortunately, the scheme is not competitive on all M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes, and excludes Northern Ireland.

No more than 1 SP/PC/PL conviction offence per driver.

The minimum premiums are £250 for Comprehensive & £200 for TPFT cover, so please don’t ring if your quote is less than this!

We consistently have a very high renewal retention rate meaning that people renew with us because of our constantly competitive insurance premiums & experienced, reliable customer and claims service. That is why we can promote this insurance scheme knowing that we are in it for the long term.

I'll view the site regularly and try to answer any queries that you have also.

In the meantime, please feel free to call the New Business Team when you receive your renewal through. A dedicated team, with years of experience, is waiting for your call! (I personally don't do the quotes).

0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 (if phoning by mobile) & please don't forget to quote the reference found in my signature below and the club name!

i will be calling you very soon! mine is up for renewal in a month or so i think so would be interested to see what you can offer.

do you have a cap for BHP?

don't tell me insurance was the only thing holding you back james - now you can go for 600-700bhp??!! ;-)

Hi Tim,

Is this going to be a permenant thing, as my insurance isnt due til sept and would be interested what you can offer me!

Well, I hope so considering we have done this with the Volvo Owners Club, Saab Owners Club, etc, for over 20 years!

We're in it for the long term, which is what I always say to the founder of the club when we meet initially.

Please don't forget to ring us at renewal time on the OFFICIAL CLUB SCHEME - 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961. (Just quote the club name).

We are positively promoting this scheme because it's proving very popular and hopefully we can make a decent saving for you.

In fact, last month, we recorded out best ever income - that's in 25 years! - and the month before that, we had our record number of new customers in 5 years, so we must be doing something right!

One new customer recently quoted, 'I know people have already said this but i officially saved 50% through Chris Knott versus my renewal for my petrol VTS. far superior cover and i included my Wife too. unbelievable to be honest.'

Just signed up to a years insurance with Chris Knott at an excellent price, very happy..

Tim, i didnt call the official club scheme number above though, but did mention that i saw the ad on the forum, so im guessing i would still be getting maximum discount???

Just signed up to a years insurance with Chris Knott at an excellent price, very happy..

Tim, i didnt call the official club scheme number above though, but did mention that i saw the ad on the forum, so im guessing i would still be getting maximum discount???

Hi Steve

Thanks for the pm.

I checked your policy and yes, you are noted under the Corrado Forum scheme.

just got my insurance through chris knott yesterday :) very happy with the srevice and the repsonse i got. nice to speak to someone who knows what they are on about! :D. most others say how do you spell corrado? lol

To mark the company's 25th Anniversary, we have arranged a celebration for staff that will result in the office's being closed all day on Wednesday, 23rd July. We deliberately chose a Wednesday which is generally a quieter day and, needless to say, we are open all day on the Tuesday and, more importantly, Thursday, when we will pick up any overflow & call-backs. We are writing separately to all clients whose renewals are due 23rd to 25th and will e-mail as many clients as we can for whom we hold addresses.

We will be leaving a self-explanatory recorded message and the website will also make reference to this one-off event.

Our apologies if this may cause any inconvenience but hopefully this will allow you time to contact us beforehand with any quotes or queries.

I would say though that the claims department will be open as usual - 24 hours a day.

im 19 wanting tpft and they told me i have to be 21. i wanted insurence on a 2.0 8v

Hi

Aged 19 is OK on the 2.0 8v. Could you pm me with more details please?

not lookin for insurence just yet though. was just gettin quote. but when i do want insurence ill know who to come to :wave:

i would love to change my insurance over to you guys, but after phoning 3 times this week, and being on hold for a total of 15mins, and then getting told your busy and telling me you will phone back which you never have done once :? i think the customer service leaves alot to be desired.

i will pm you over my mobile number, so you can talk to me, and hopefully give me a quote???

I don't expect your staff to know everything about Corrado's, as mentioned previously, your staff at least know what one is, but maybe a bit more info would be a good idea on your computer system?

Had to explain that a G60 has a supercharger and what a 'chip and pulley' modification means.

Also, got a better quote from another firm, which you did match in fairness, but obviously as with all insurance companies, why didn't you offer me this to start with? :brickwall:

i would love to change my insurance over to you guys, but after phoning 3 times this week, and being on hold for a total of 15mins, and then getting told your busy and telling me you will phone back which you never have done once :? i think the customer service leaves alot to be desired.

i will pm you over my mobile number, so you can talk to me, and hopefully give me a quote???

Yes, sorry about that. We had a disastrous week last week in that we had less than half the normal staff in (in the team), due to holidays & sickness. And then to top it all, the computer software house had a fault with their system which meant we couldn't insure anyone. First time it's happened in 20 years.

You can imagine, there was plenty of hair being pulled out!

Fortunately, we're back to normal now, with full staff in & computers working nicely!

I was away on business yesterday but i'll get someone to ring you today.

I don't expect your staff to know everything about Corrado's, as mentioned previously, your staff at least know what one is, but maybe a bit more info would be a good idea on your computer system?

Had to explain that a G60 has a supercharger and what a 'chip and pulley' modification means.

Also, got a better quote from another firm, which you did match in fairness, but obviously as with all insurance companies, why didn't you offer me this to start with? :brickwall:

Hi

Thanks for the question.

Our insurers will generally allow us to undercut the best rate on our computer screens but even though there are nearly 500 products available to beat, it doesn't cover absolutely every insurance company in the UK.

This is why sometimes we have to rely on the customer to provide us with the best quote so that we can look at undercutting that.

Sometimes our computer provides the best quote & sometimes it's the customer with their renewal premium for example.

Strangely enough, on this subject, I saw a new customer of ours quote that we had saved him 50% off his renewal price so it's swings and roundabouts as they say! His end comment was 'unbelievable, to be honest'!

Our life would be a lot easier if our software house could sign up every insurer in the UK, but for some reason they don't.

Hope this helps!