ChrisKnottIns

NEW CORRADO FORUM INSURANCE SCHEME VIA CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE

phoned up you guys the other day for a quote but half way through got told you couldnt insure me because my car is parked on the street. apprantly you can only insure modifeid cars if they are parked on a driveway. :scratch:

oh well!

Modifications and insurance. What a joke. When have an insurance company ever sent an assessor round to check and verify your modifications, and ensure they comply with road safety regulations?

They send one round after you've crashed, or accidentally dropped the telly down the stairs don't they? :roll:

As I say, the whole insurance industry in this country is long overdue an overhaul.

Right so no mods that increase BHP by more then 20... what if you have a standard R32 engine in your bay? No mods on it, but its definatly more then a 20bhp increase on the standard engine?

Genuinely interested. Although given its parked on the street I could be barking up the wrong tree anyway...

yeah i think its just to the engine, if you change the engine itself then i think that will be a whole different thing. especially if you have not changed the log book and they do a search and it comes up as a different engine/size.

but like you say if your parkin it on the "street" then they wont insure you.

We have October rates in our system now so if your car insurance renewal is due, please feel free to ring us for a quote.

0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 and please state the forum name and/or reference number found in my signature.

By the way, if you have home insurance, here is a post from a forum written yesterday - 'Our home insurance is up for renewal, so I decided to get a quote from the club scheme to see if there as good for home as they are for car insurance. My renewal from (.........) was £413 a year. Chris knott a bargain £318 a year.'

So try us on your home insurance as well!

It’s fair to say premiums are increasing this year due to the increased cost of claims rather than the increased number of claims and these premium increases are imposed on us by the insurers.

Even though there is obviously negative reaction to this, our renewal retention rate has only dropped by 5% from 81% to 76% so it seems that approximately 3 out of every 4 people still renew with us.

I’m also hoping that after a period of time (such as 12 months or so), the criteria will be relaxed somewhat but we will see.

Hi

Again we see the media talking about the premium increases which seem to be affecting nearly everyone.

Here is the latest article from this weeks’ Daily Mail - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rance.html

For years, our scheme insurers tended to avoid these increases when all around we were hearing of price jumps.

However, fortunately, we are still writing plenty of business even though these increases have been imposed nationally. I still see on forums that our insurance scheme is making savings for forum users (and some large – a £200 saving was quoted on one forum this week!

Therefore, I’d encourage you to call us for a quotation if your renewal is due within the next 21 days or so. You will also be able to take up our competitively priced full UK breakdown cover at £54.50. Please just ask my colleague when you ring for a quote.

The new criteria of not accepting any bhp increase mods by more than 20bhp does affect some on the forum but we are still busy though we’re sorry that this precludes some from getting a quote from us.

Please ring 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 and quote the club reference number found in my signature.

Hi Tim and all.

I was wondering if anybody could clear up an insurance problem for me? My wife,s car was written off last week after being involved in a shunt on the M25,where we came off worst with front and rear damage. The person who hit us in the rear has admitted full responsibility. My wife's insurance company have come up with a figure of compensation for the loss of our car, based on its trade value, this I would readily except if we were at fault . but after doing a very intensive search for comparative models to replace our car with,we have found that we are unable to purchase a replacement with the compensation offered and would have to find at least £1000 extra to be able to purchase a car comparable to the condition of ours before the accident. To do this we are having to consider slightly younger models because there are not any exactly the same age and milage as ours was,for sale at this time. We are being told that these cars cannot be taken into consideration because they are younger, and are know getting a bit shirty. My question is, that if the accident was not our fault, should not ,we have the right to be able to recieve enough compensation to be able to purchase a replacement car as close as is possible to purchase, so that we can continue our lives as we were before the accident,seeing as we were the innocent party,and not be made to feel that we have to justify ourselves, or be made to purchase and drive a lesser model .We drove our particular model because it fitted our way of life, with children and luggage ,etc and was four wheel drive because we live in the country and get snowed in in the winter. We can't get our head round why her insurance company are fighting against us,when ultimately they will be claiming from the person who hit us and their insurance policy? Please tell me if I am being nieve. I know there have been case studies lke ours where the judge has ruled in the claimants favour. do I have to take this to court. My wife's policy was fully comprehensive.

Thanks guys for any help on this

Hi Tim and all.

I was wondering if anybody could clear up an insurance problem for me? My wife,s car was written off last week after being involved in a shunt on the M25,where we came off worst with front and rear damage. The person who hit us in the rear has admitted full responsibility. My wife's insurance company have come up with a figure of compensation for the loss of our car, based on its trade value, this I would readily except if we were at fault . but after doing a very intensive search for comparative models to replace our car with,we have found that we are unable to purchase a replacement with the compensation offered and would have to find at least £1000 extra to be able to purchase a car comparable to the condition of ours before the accident. To do this we are having to consider slightly younger models because there are not any exactly the same age and milage as ours was,for sale at this time. We are being told that these cars cannot be taken into consideration because they are younger, and are know getting a bit shirty. My question is, that if the accident was not our fault, should not ,we have the right to be able to recieve enough compensation to be able to purchase a replacement car as close as is possible to purchase, so that we can continue our lives as we were before the accident,seeing as we were the innocent party,and not be made to feel that we have to justify ourselves, or be made to purchase and drive a lesser model .We drove our particular model because it fitted our way of life, with children and luggage ,etc and was four wheel drive because we live in the country and get snowed in in the winter. We can't get our head round why her insurance company are fighting against us,when ultimately they will be claiming from the person who hit us and their insurance policy? Please tell me if I am being nieve. I know there have been case studies lke ours where the judge has ruled in the claimants favour. do I have to take this to court. My wife's policy was fully comprehensive.

Thanks guys for any help on this

Hi

Usually, insurers should pay for a similar car, age/condition, etc, as your old car. You need to trawl the internet, Autotrader, local mags, etc, for similar age cars and the insurers should pay you to be back pre-accident if you get my drift!

I would also take this up with a mangaer at your insurers.

Hi there

Just to let you know our offices are still open despite the amount of snow we’ve had.

Some of us, like myself, are snowed in but half the staff are working.

0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477

CHRISTMAS OPENING HOURS

Christmas Eve 24th December - 28th December - CLOSED

Wednesday 29th December - 9am to 5pm

Thursday 30th December - 9am to 5pm

New Year's Eve 31st December - 3rd January - CLOSED

Tuesday 4th January - 9am to 5pm

Hi

There has been a lot of talk about people being charged for putting winter tyres on their cars.

Can I just say to save any uncertainty we will not charge for anyone doing this though you do have to notify us if you add them?

May I also wish you all a very Happy Christmas and peaceful New Year.

After a strange few months of changing criteria and shifting patterns in the insurance market, January for us, in terms of business, surpassed January 2010 (before all these changes took place) showing that the current scheme seems to be working rather well!

I like to think it’s because I’ve put my photo as my avatar but the rest of the team think that has had a detrimental effect. They may have a point!

So, please feel free to ring us if your car (or home) insurance is due in the next few weeks!