Sign in to follow this  
Ice White Socks

Quantum Synta Silver Discontinued....

Just goes to show the dealerships dont communicate with eachother lol! Yeah get stocked up on the ebay ones mate works out cheaper than VW anyway

Audi West London sell 5l of synta silver for £11.50 inc vat. i bought two bottles last week

Wish they sold it in 6ltr not 5ltr though. 5.5 for an oil change!

yeah I always thought that was an irritating misight - or easy way for VW to make more money !

Audi West London sell 5l of synta silver for £11.50 inc vat. i bought two bottles last week

where's this then? The one we went to see? I could do wih a few bottles at that price...

Not discontinued at all, only the 1 Ltr is no longer available and it's called Synta 10W-40 not Silver but still comes in a Silver bottle.

Part number is ZGB115QLB00406 and is £12.16+vat rrp or £8.79+vat via TPS (sometimes even cheaper when they are running 10% off oils)

As for 6 Ltr bottles the 1Ltr was handy for that but most engines don't use more than 5, only the VR that I know of - I find the Castrol 4 Ltr ones annoying though!

I find the Castrol 4 Ltr ones annoying though!

does my fookin head in too. such a scam as the 1 ltr bottle is normally a bit under half the price the 4 ltr bottle.

I find the Castrol 4 Ltr ones annoying though!

does my fookin head in too. such a scam as the 1 ltr bottle is normally a bit under half the price the 4 ltr bottle.

Id just buy an extra 4 or 5 litre bottle, which is ever the case. Then just top a spare litre bottle up :D

where's this then? The one we went to see? I could do wih a few bottles at that price...

Yes the same one, i just went in their by chance and was suprised at the price.

I heard the 1 litre bottles are discontinued the 5 litre ones certanly are not loads in my local

I stocked up here though

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380195445075&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

If they sent to ireland ide be buying 2or3 of that!!

It costs me about 30euro for 4/5L of castrol magnatec!!!

Gona ring vw later to see how much it costs here!!

I've used Castrol Magnatec 15W40 synthetic for years and I've never had a problem with it. I wouldn't get too hung up on brands frankly. As long as it looks like decent stuff. It's all oil...