Sign in to follow this  
carrots

side mouldings

hi all i was wondering if its possible still to get the side body mouldings.i might be getting my car painted soon so will be taking the mouldings off to do it.also has anyone got a pic of a white corrado with no mouldings on

If you're taking them off to have it painted, why do you need new ones? Just stick em back on ... ?

Moving to Suppliers seeing as though you're trying to find someone that you can get them from rather than asking anything technical e.g. how to remove them.

Can't speak from experience but all VW did was stick them on so if you use a decent adhesive/tape, it shouldn't be that hard to achieve the same results. In theory.

i think they stretch and go out of shape,mines been off before and it dont look right.i might leave them off tho just want to see a good pic of a white corrado with them taken off

I removed mine from my old valver, then decided to put them back on a couple of weeks later, they went back on no probs.

As long as you're patient and careful taking them off, the shouldn't bend out of shape and look shite. Use gentle (very gentle) heat to remove them, and thin double sided foam tape to re-attach

AFAIK these are obselete from the dealers now, and cost an arm and a leg...

the door mouldings dont go back on very nice once they have been taken off.

They do if you pour near boiling water on them as you remove them. This loosens up the adhesive and makes the mouldings pliable.