Sign in to follow this  
VR6 South

Longlife Exhausts - Feedback Please

Having just read right the way through the "definative Exhaust" thread. I am now leaning towards getting a Longlife exhaust - £359 fiited, which seems a good deal. Without opening up another hornets nest of debate I would appreciate some feedback from those who have had a Longlife exhaust fitted. I am after something which sounds and looks as OE as possible.

Cheers.

i have of these on my rado vr6. was on when i bought it & from what i can find in the history it was fitted a good few years ago. Its lasted well. it started blowing in the centre esction, so i contacted long life they fixed it up and then transferred the lifeftime warrenty over. It looks ok, but not as nice as my magnex looked on ny last raddo. it aint too noisy but i guess you can get them to mae it as quiet or as loud as you want and you should be able to chice your tali pipe to something that you want.

I've got a part longlife/standard/magnex exhuast system on mine :D

I had them fit the magnex and replace one of the silencers on mine and they dont a preaty good job.

I had a slight problem and vibrating from the exhuast after lowering the car, so I contacted longlife and they sorted the vibration freeof charge :D

Be patient and they'll offer you a 20% discount after a couple of weeks if you don't accept the quote straight away..........

gettin a cat back fitted on friday from these guys, will try and wangle a discount now!! :D :D

I am after something which sounds and looks as OE as possible.

Cheers.

Sounds like you need an OE exhaust from VW.

gettin a cat back fitted on friday from these guys, will try and wangle a discount now!! :D :D

Please let me know how you get on and how much discount you negotiate

:)

I am after something which sounds and looks as OE as possible.

Cheers.

Sounds like you need an OE exhaust from VW.

My pockets are only so deep, and I don't fancy dropping the rear beam :) .

Id be interested to seeing variations of the tailpipes they have, too. Look like they do a pretty good job! :D

The one in berkeley has a big selection on tale pipes 8)

I have managed to negotiate free fitting on a Jetex system, by a very reputable company close to me :clap: . Looks like I've changed my mind for the very last time............

Over 16 Years from the original system can't be bad.

I've had one fitted to my Corrado for nearly 8 years. I had the centre pipe blowing and after a quick phone call the following saturday it was in their workshop. They welded the affected part and also fitted new gromets. All free of charge :clap:

I've had one fitted to my Corrado for nearly 8 years. I had the centre pipe blowing and after a quick phone call the following saturday it was in their workshop. They welded the affected part and also fitted new gromets. All free of charge :clap:

I must not change my mind again!

Right - had it made/fitted today - £359 with no discount other than any choice of tailpipe with no increased cost, I tried! Watched the chaps at work throughout - impressed with thir skills at shaping and welding, and they have produced a quality exhaust by all means, no rattles or squeaks, you can specify how noisy you want it to be, and they even sorted out my rattling cat heat shield for no extra charge. Cuppa tea whilst I waited too! Took some photos, will attach tomorrow. So far they have passed with flying colours.

Does anyone know the oem price for the cat back system? Bout £700?

T

pics of the exhaust fitted

1-1.jpg

on the ramp - nearly finished

6.jpg

front box with cat and repaired heat shield

2.jpg

front middle and rear

5.jpg

bendy bit over rear axle between middle and rear

3.jpg

rear

4.jpg

tail pipe

i asked for them to make it look and sound as standard as possible, and thats what they did!

They even sorted out the loose cat heat shield.

Impressed so far

Let me know what you guys think

T

Hi Tim did you get yours done at the Plymouth Longlife?

I had them make up one for me last year, the quality is outstanding. I asked them to make it as quiet as possible and it is! Now all the sound is coming from the engine and charger :).

Comes with a lifetime warranty which can be transferred to a new owner. Can't get any better than that! the Miltek system it had on before was terrible!

TimDoc - looks good! Think I'll be gettin' mine done there, how much did it cost altogether then? More pix of the tailpipe? :D

This one was done by longlife just north of bristol in Berkley, it is a chain but only by name from what i can gather, and the bristol one is privately owned. Lifetime warranty is exactly the reason I went for them, total cost was £359 all inclusive. No hidden costs, plus that got me a cuppa tea! :D

Just reaslised why you asked if it was done in plymouth - need to update my profile as have now moved to bath!!

Tim

This one was done by longlife just north of bristol in Berkley, it is a chain but only by name from what i can gather, and the bristol one is privately owned. Lifetime warranty is exactly the reason I went for them, total cost was £359 all inclusive. No hidden costs, plus that got me a cuppa tea! :D

Just reaslised why you asked if it was done in plymouth - need to update my profile as have now moved to bath!!

Tim

Thats the one I've been too, and they are preaty good as its just over the river from me. :D

Tim

Thats the one I've been too, and they are preaty good as its just over the river from me. :D

Me too - All they did was fit an exhaust I supplied but couldn't fault the care they took and its been absolutely fine since.

Can anyone give me any advice re Longlife? Called Berkley branch and apart from their *I don't want the business* attitude they were quoting me close to 650.00 for a full system!!! That's from the manifold back - WTF???!

Try using their online quotation. They quoted me £389 a few weeks ago plus 10% discount if I booked it in within a about a week. I then spoke to another Longlife Franchise and they quoted £359.

I have now gone down the Jetex route (£388 fitted) - deposit paid :D

Can anyone give me any advice re Longlife? Called Berkley branch and apart from their *I don't want the business* attitude they were quoting me close to 650.00 for a full system!!! That's from the manifold back - WTF???!

Altho me an Vaughan have had pleasent experience with this branch I do know Andy ( CazzaVr) had a little running with them not to long ago.

But when I asked for a ruff idea on how much a cat back system would be he I was told it wouldnt be any more than £400, but that was whilst I was there.

Was it a american bloke you spoke to? as he is the awkward that Andy had trouble with but the other guys there I couldnt falt.

The cat back system is £359. That's their website price and what they quoted to me over the phone. I think the boss is American and lives out there most of the time, and the gist I got was that he's a bit of a twat (wasn't there when I was!). He has a web link to a camera in the workshop so be can check up on them! Sounds like a great guy to work for. Sounds like if you managed to catch this guy you might've got an uninterested ear!

Not really surprised that if you were having a new cat fitted the price doubled. Phone again and see how it goes!

T

Thanks everyone for the advice. I think I'm gonna go for it. Some what reluctantly as I put a new OEM suitcase on there 8 months ago :cuckoo: