Well I moved the plate tonight. Intercooler should still get plenty of air. Ibe bought Shauns fog intakes so will try them and see. Going to try and get some 8.5in dishes for the rear wheels.

much prefer the plate there mate, doesnt look like you have taken it out and just stuck it somewhere

The rh's look really good against the red. If your going 8.5's on the rear you'll need 1.75" lips.

Managed to finally get out for a drive tonight after an oil line blowing at the weekend. Got a bit of a shock to find the underside of the car covered in oil but it seems all is ok now.

Wheels dont rub at all even with the 45 profile tyres but Ive not really pushed it. Getting some 205/40's for the front and 215/40's for the rear next week.

looks lovely pal - like those wheels as well. would have bought a set myself if i wasnt planning on brembos...

defo stick with the idea of swaping the rears to something a bit less "scene" if it was me though :D

I love this car full stop, just awesome :notworthy:

Yep prefer the plate moved and those Comps :luvlove:

Wee updated. Had an issue with the turbo feed line and thought Id managed to get away with no damage but looks like the turbo seals/bearings are on there way out. I knew this would happen at some point, just not so soon.

Anyway I decided to sell the RH wheels to raise some cash and sold them within 30min. Got a bit of a refund from the insurance on the 24v so Ive placed an order for a Garrett GT3582R. Should get it by the weekend. Its been good learning for me and will need to get some water lines plumbed in for the turbo now as well. Aiming for back on the road for 6th June for the Scottishvag Megameet. Tight schedule as Im racing all this weekend and suppose to be away to Krakow for a stag doo next weekend. Bloody Golf decided to get in the act as well with a leaking rad. Some bad Karma at the moment for me although my team did win the Scottish Cup on Sat.

One turbo removed...

Good stuff. Did you order your GT3582R with a V band turbine outlet? Hopefully it will be the same frame size as the old one and mount up precisely, otherwise some minor downpipe / wastegate dump alterations might be needed.

Tried the fog light intakes I bought from StormChargedVR6. Not sure on them yet. They should provide more airflow into the engine bay and help cooling but I might have put some mesh on the back to stop stones flying in.

Also considering altering them to direct the air more toward the intercooler.

I'm in 2 minds about those. They serve a function and look kind of cool, but at the same time they seem to make the front end look a bit scruffy imo...

Something like that in the chin spoiler with some ducting pointing at the brakes might not be such a bad idea!

Yeah I do like the stock look and TBH putting the plate back to the OE position didnt seem to effect cooling. They should provide some real cool air into the engine bay though.

No turbo till monday now :( . Im like an expectant father for this little turbine to appear.

Make sure you show it some love and appreciation when it arrives because they don't stay clean and shiney for long!

Ball Bearing GTs like a good oil. What are you running your motor on?

Have you got VAG-COM? Just monitor the air temp with and without the number plate. If no difference, especially during what you guys would consider a summer!, then all is well :D

Currently Mobil 0w-40. There is a temp gauge monitoring before and after IC already plumbed in. Bloody hot up here today but Ive just heard some thunder :lol: .

Some photos of the new stuff. Old Turbo Vs new and some bloody expensive fittings to go along with it. Bought some heat sheilding as well to form over the turbo and they sent a bag of Haribo sweets with it :shrug: :lol: .

Anyhoo turned the exhaust housing round to match my manifold and attempted to put it on. TBH as soon as I looked at old vs new I knew it wouldnt fit and it didnt. The V-banding on the new one sticks out about 12mm further than the old one :( .

I was going to take the downpipe off but I cannot get into the bolts to take the wastegate section off. Next option was to get the whole manifold off but I dont think it will come out car with engine in situ so it looks like engine out to try and get the manifold off. I'll be honest Im getting hacked off not being able to use the car so Im not doing that right now.

Going to speak to GT3 tomorrow to see how the turbine housing is made as they mentioned having to get the V-banding put on so Im wondering if they can either replace the current housing with one with the V-banding further in or I might just buy another XS power one, run it till winter then take my time over the winter getting the engine out to get the Garrett fitted.

Bet your excited :grin: Have to say I openly laugh out load everytime I read you have sold yet another set of wheels :lol:

Any chance of a little video footage when you have it up and running again :norty:

Well if I cant get the turbo housing changed that might be a while as Im starting to loose patinence. Amazing what a little £40 oil line can do :censored: .

Best thing to do is pull the downpipe off,using the allen sets i was on about,cut the pipe and have it rewelded....your going to have to do it at some point and rather do it now while its apart and its done for good.

Trying to get a flange hot side to match up with the 3" V-Band will be harder....

Yes its fustrating but this is VRT life :brickwall: nothing goes to plan!

oh and that manifold comes off fine with the motor in place mate, removing the downpipe you will see this.

Best thing to do is pull the downpipe off,using the allen sets i was on about,cut the pipe and have it rewelded....your going to have to do it at some point and rather do it now while its apart and its done for good.

oh and that manifold comes off fine with the motor in place mate, removing the downpipe you will see this.

Thats good to know. Didnt want to start getting bolts out and find it didnt come out. Just replied in my other thread, Im just getting hacked of at work and other things so this isnt helping my mood. Maybe a wee break would be good.