Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

24v V6 or R32 Factory Conversion with some extras.....

I'd have to agree with the wires comments.I'm sure that for the right person the OP's work would prove very satisfying but I'd want fire and brimstone for that money.

/\ Yeah, not to take anything away from Jay obviously. It's very enterprising of him and the workmanship would be guaranteed to be of excellent quality.

I've been thinking about the mid engine conversion and it just works :D The V6 tilts forward naturally and that and the gearbox's position are perfect for concentrating the dead mass between the axle lines. Plus of course, the rearward shift in momentum aids rear wheel traction.

The V6 lump would also operate in a much bigger space, so would run cooler. There's plenty of space for twin turbos, big Air/Water coolers, fancy exhausts, trick intakes, 02Q gearboxes etc etc.

At the front a 911 fuel tank could be used, which will have been tested and certified for road use (resistance to splitting open in a crash).

And being RWD, you can take your pick of top notch front ends that are known to steer well.... Integra Type R double wishbone, Alfa double wishbone, 911 front end inc brakes, etc etc....

I think it would make an excellent project and there would be performance and handling benefits, but it's time and money.....

/\ but it's time and money.....

Thats pretty much the problem for most of us i think!!

Nice conversion though, ones very oem while the others a bit of a monster from what i can tell! :D

I understand what you are saying but that is a bit of an odd comparison IMO......the only thing you can compare is the price - but then again 'Eric' must have put more than £9K into that corrado surely :scratch: !!

That kind of extreme change doesnt interest me much - even if I did have the cash or skills - dont get me wrong I'm not knocking it but personally I think it deviates too far from the car that I love......thats why I think Jay's conversion would be more appealing to more people, it would be a big 'investment' but one that I think would be worth it to get a modern corrado.

Good luck with it Jay if you decide to offer it :)

It wasn't intended as a direct comparison, just general chat and an alternative if you're going to be spending a lot of money :D

Nothing like that exists in the UK, so would be a good conversation peice at a show if nothing else. Should appeal to a scenester, LOL!

24V conversions are pretty common now, as are VRTs etc etc. Someone needs to move the game on and keep Corrados interesting!