CazzaVR

Get your mats now!

Got myself some new black mats. The parts guy said there was only 8 left, and it was very doubtful they'd make any more, as they hadn't bothered to make any more grey ones after they went obsolete :( .

I've had a few sets of genuine mats before, but these are different. The logo is a really nicely finished embroidered logo- even the parts guy said 'Bet you weren't expecting these!'. The ones I've had in the past were a sort of sticker logo, which doesn't wear particularly well.

Well chuffed with them. £49 after CCGB discount ;)

Go to the dealer, mate. Got them for my 16v, as I've just converted from grey to black ;)

Wish you'd change your sig- sooooo distracting! :lol: :norty:

Go to the dealer, mate. Got them for my 16v, as I've just converted from grey to black ;)

Wish you'd change your sig- sooooo distracting! :lol: :norty:

So how do i get the discounted price?

And take another gaze!!!!

Are you a Corrado Club member? I've been getting discount for years as a club member. Only £10 to join, and I probably save well over £100 a year through parts/insurance discount :)

I take it they are the same as mine

I am slightly disapointed with them tho as there are wear marks were my heels have been resting and they have only been in the car from January :(

Either that or I just driving it too much :lol:

No i'm not a member, how many % discount will it get me off at the dealers?

Plus how long would my membership take to come through, as these mats will probably be snapped up in no time!

No i'm not a member, how many % discount will it get me off at the dealers?

Plus how long would my membership take to come through, as these mats will probably be snapped up in no time!

usaly about 10%

When I got parts from the desk they havnt asked for any form of proof at all.

Are you a Corrado Club member? I've been getting discount for years as a club member. Only £10 to join, and I probably save well over £100 a year through parts/insurance discount :)

Do you have the part no of the mats so i can ring and order a set first thing Tuseday morning.

Here's the p/n: V863 VAG 1418BJ I got them for £49.29 with CCGB discount, so prob around £55 without.

I am slightly disapointed with them tho as there are wear marks were my heels have been resting and they have only been in the car from January :(

It's not safe to drive in heels anyway!

It's not safe to drive in heels anyway!

:lol: just read it again and it does sound a bit dodgy :epicfail:

Ordered mine from work this afternoon, so maybe only 5 sets left...... :wink:

i bought some new mats from vw last year, quality was terrible. They were nothing in comparison to the mats supplied from factory.

the latest VW ones are better though, stitched logos and rubber underneath, the ones available a few years back had felt logos and foam underneath and were pretty poor TBH

Considering the price, I think VW take the p155 with mats, a 20 quid set from GSF for my mk4 were as good as any VW ones I've seen recently, you are paying about 30-40 quid for a stitched logo.

Cash cow for VW me thinks, perhaps the last supplier they had was so cheap that they finally realised they should improve them a bit.

Fair enough i definately have the old style ones. The new ones sound much better

I ordered a set today, only 2 left now. The parts guy couldn't tell me anything about the logo but did say they were rubber backed and with the clips to hold them down.

Anyone got a photo of these?

Perhaps we should get a petition going for some more VW ones.

I will need some grey ones shortly....

Perhaps we should get a petition going for some more VW ones.

I will need some grey ones shortly....

very difficult to find. took me about a year :mad2:

unlikely they'll ever make grey ones again (unless they get lots of requests recorded?) but given that for the black ones they have had several types made in the last 10 years or so, I'd imagine they'll have another batch produced, they probably sell more than they do headlights and they seem like a bit of a money spinner for VW.