Sign in to follow this  
sexybourbon

rear wiper removal

IMHO Look far better without, tho' still haven't got round to doin' mine!

There is a thread/guide on here re how best to go about it.

Cleans up the rear end of the car but if you have any need to reverse off a driveway or something in the morning and it's covered in rain water or something, it's really annoying not having it!

yea i was thinking that but sadly i have to park it on the street so no driveway reversing and it gets cleaned regular so i wouldnt have to worry about not being able to see because of dirt

dave did you get your bung for the hole from halfords i baught one today but they only came in a pack of 19mm 22mm and 25mm but i have read the thread about the removal and it says 19mm or 20mm so im hoping its the 19 mm bung ??

Loooks great I think. Straight forward to do really sure there is a thread about it as already said.

Jim I use rainx on the rear and front window Although works well on front hen driving it helps the rear window bead really well when stood so gives you places to look through.

Couple of pics without thought I had a close up.

nah, I don't like it.... :wink:

Honestly, I think that it cleans the back of the car up loads.... I had mine welded up when the car was re-sprayed.... With regards to the problem with water on the screen when trying to reverse, I have a silicone blade I keep in the car which I give the rear window a quick swish with when I get in it, then the Rain-X that it's treated with keeps it clear the rest of the time... :)

dave did you get your bung for the hole from halfords i baught one today but they only came in a pack of 19mm 22mm and 25mm but i have read the thread about the removal and it says 19mm or 20mm so im hoping its the 19 mm bung ??

I didn't use a bung - I made up Stainless bung/backing disc affair that sit's flush with the body. I can get a pic up if you like.

Yeah I welded mine up too locks much better that way but more work as had to take rear screen out :lol:

yeh i like it, as an alternative you can get a metal bolt with an integral rubber washer from somewhere in the states, options are silver or black, there's a thread on here about where to get :)

I'd have to say it does tidy up the rear end nicely and does look better. But I find a use for the rear wiper when reversing with still water on the window... as already said. Hence why im keeping it.

did mine earlier took about 20 mins in all i just used the gromet from halfrauds it did the job looks alot better in my eyes looks alot more clean and tidy all i need now is lupo wipers on the front!! i dont think its no big deal not having it i drive a 3.5 ton van around every day and thats not even got a back window so i cant see the problem ill just make sure i put plenty of rain x on there lol

Keep forgetting about rain-x - really must get some!

Rain-X is the don! I regularly drive in heavy rain without my wipers going and can see no problem. Water still beads on the rear screen but get the wiper off, no need for it & it looks so much better without it.

Keep forgetting about rain-x - really must get some!

do get it! I read a post yesterday in this forum regarding to rain-x, so I got get some and it's incredibly good :nuts:

"summer" rain in barcelona are short, but really strong, and I could drive at about ~85Mph without the wipers on :)

but be careful not to get stuck looking at the water getting away from your windscreen :lol:

but be careful not to get stuck looking at the water getting away from your windscreen :lol:

Thats a great view.

On another note crazy I thought but a classic beetle up our way has had the front wipers removed thats how I learnt about it

Just done this yesterday, literally took me about 30 mins taking my time and no wragging about and looks loads better. Bought some rain-x as well but i still have my number on the rear window from about 2 weeks ago in santa pod that i like so none on it yet lol

I can also confirm the halfords 19mm fits very snug, i would even go so far as to say 18mm might be better as it seems to bulge a little and not sit flat like i wanted it to.

i think i would rather go with the slightly bigger 19mm just incase of water leaking in still looks good tho would defo recomend doing it if you havent yet

i think i would rather go with the slightly bigger 19mm just incase of water leaking in still looks good tho would defo recomend doing it if you havent yet

Suppose, you done it yet? you that guy from hull i saw not long ago near road runner, twice lol!!!

yea i done it took me about the same time mate just went nice and steady taking all the bolts out looks much better im glad i did it :D and yes lol i didnt realise that was you i think you was sat in traffic when i saw you lol i got a big chufty when i saw another corrado think i might of done a little bib bib when i went past asweal lol are you from bev then think we spoke in another thread about HULL!!! :grin: