Sign in to follow this  
TimDoc

Whilst the front end is off.....

Did the very same to mine today. No point forking out for new unless it's physically falling apart to be honest.

Compared to mine it looks almost box fresh !

I've bladdered mine with wax till the cars back off the road next winter and a replacement can be found.

Blasting and Powder / Nylon coating is the way to go and as this part doesn't flex it should last well and not crack.

If you do just paint it then don't use Hammersh1te - it's oil based for a start and has no rust protection whatsoever.

Rust-oleum seems to be the stuff of choice, dries as an enamble and is slightly flexible to will resist flex and stone chips etc.

Here's one I did using the gloss - you can buy a satin finsh though that will look more OEM...

Gun from eBay for £12, paint £12 (0.75Ltr) from a local supplier, thinned with white spirit - used less than 10% of the can of paint!

but then u need a compressor too :nono: which i dont have! will pick up some of this stuff and paint it on - looks like homebase do it as a rattle can anyway!

T