Sign in to follow this  
JJS

ABS Sensor error advice please - VR6 Colchester

Although i've not posted much here before I bow :notworthy: to all you corrado geniuses who help keep as all on the road.

About 5 years ago I was lucky enough to take ownership of a much loved Mystic Blue VR6 Storm from a guy in West Byfleet which has been mostly low maintenance and very enjoyable. Following a recent brake disk change I’ve ended up with very squeaky brakes (maybe just because they are still new?) but more annoying in the last week I now have an intermittent ABS light coming on. Previous owner Mark had all the gear and supplied me with VAG software and cable to plug in for diagnostics. This is where I need to ask on here about reading the following errors;

Address 03: ABS Brakes

Controller: 1H0 907 379 E

Component: ABS/EDS TEVES 04

4 Faults Found:

00285 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor: Front Right (G45)

35-00 - -

00290 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs -Prob need to get a proper check done here?

35-00 - Please Register/Activate

00290 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs

16-00 - Please Register/Activate

00290 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor: Rear Left (G46)

04-00 - Mechanical Malfunction

I have read before that some errors mean a dodgy pump while others have had only to replace the sensors. Does the above error info give me enough to pinpoint which is the problem or is it going to be trial and error? Thanks for reading and any advice you can give.

Jon

Colchester

Clear the codes and if the same 2 sensor errors keep coming back, then yep, the sensors are knackered. Pump specific issues are usually obvious and quite scary sounding errors!

I live just outside Colchester by the way, so if you need a hand with anything, PM me :D

I've seen a Mystic Storm driving around Colchester dozens of times during my lunchtime wander to Highwoods Tescos, which may have been you!

Thanks Kev. It may well have been me although during your lunch break I'd be in London so maybe my car has a mind of its own?! :? Maybe its Herbie reborn. I also think you've driven my car before when it was owned by Mark Broderick!? I think the ABS errors are here to stay so i will prob go for the sensors to be swapped then and hope that warning light free driving fun returns. May also PM you if you don't mind. :cheers:

Jon

Must be another Mystic Storm then! Driven by a gentleman of the, shall we say, 'mature' variety :D There are quite a few Corrados around these parts to be fair.

I do indeed remember Mr Broderick's car! It's probably the quickest naturally aspirated VR6 I've been in. That engine is / was an absolute peach :D

Yeah feel free to get in touch!

Just to complete the thread my rear left ABS Sensor has now been replaced and along with a brake fluid change my ABS Sensor comes on with the ignition check and then goes off and stays off! :D

While this thread is here and your problem is sorted may i just butt in with my problem. Following replacing both front sensors i now have a really weird problem when slowing down, about 5 - 10mph on light braking i can feel the pedal start making a noise and it puts the brakes on stronger. Also sometimes when im just crawling along at about 5 - 10mph it makes a humming noise and the brake pedal is right at the top, as soon as i dab it it goes back to normal but it is a most annoying problem!

yea think mine isn't 100% true so that may be the problem, how much did you pay for a new rotor?

I thought it might be something to do with the pedal position sensor but wanted to know if anyone had a similar problem with the rotor as thats what first springed to mind. Just seems a little strange that it was literally the day after i put the sensor in it started doing it.