tandino

Diavia Air Con Owners, please look!

Hi Guys.

Just finished my Diavia Air Con retrofit but i need some help.

The receiver dryer which is located in front of the condensor has two connectors that plug into the loom, there is no info out there that tells you which way round the connectors go, ive searched the wiring diagrams and nadda.

Can one of you guys have a look at your loom and tell me which connector goes to which plug or if anyone has a pic or info please let me have it!.

Cheers Pete.

If no one chips in, let me have a picture of the connectors and where they are (I'm a bit naive with air con) and I'll have a look at mine as a reference.

If no one chips in, let me have a picture of the connectors and where they are (I'm a bit naive with air con) and I'll have a look at mine as a reference.

Cheers james,

Appreciated.

Pete

Hi,am working in that area at the moment , will try to post picture,if no one beats me to it. have you changed the drier? as mine is looking rather old and rusty!

hi i got your message but not sure where to check.

i know i have two wires with connectors in that sit near the battery, i think they are to do with air con.

i unplugged them recently and forgot to note which went where :lol:

Hi,am working in that area at the moment , will try to post picture,if no one beats me to it. have you changed the drier? as mine is looking rather old and rusty!

Hi that would be great,

I have not changed the dryer, retrofitted the same set up to my last Corrado Vr6 and never had to change the dryer either, worked faultlessly

Hi. Sorry failed miserably at uploading picture as never tried before :epicfail: But, here are the colours to each plug: Male plug from loom: black with dark green stripe and light green with yellow stripe goes to female plug to pressure switch on drier with the green and blue wires. Second male plug from loom: black with red stripe and brown with orange stripe goes to second female plug to pressure switch on drier with the black and the white wires. hope this makes sense and helps? if not I can try to send you a personal message with an attachment!(reckon I could manage that :D ) good luck with that!.I might be asking you what some of the wires do on the relay end ,as I have one that is not connected to anything? do have printout of wiring diagram. Cheers Vince.

Hi. Sorry failed miserably at uploading picture as never tried before :epicfail: But, here are the colours to each plug: Male plug from loom: black with dark green stripe and light green with yellow stripe goes to female plug to pressure switch on drier with the green and blue wires. Second male plug from loom: black with red stripe and brown with orange stripe goes to second female plug to pressure switch on drier with the black and the white wires. hope this makes sense and helps? if not I can try to send you a personal message with an attachment!(reckon I could manage that :D ) good luck with that!.I might be asking you what some of the wires do on the relay end ,as I have one that is not connected to anything? do have printout of wiring diagram. Cheers Vince.

Cheers for that Vince,

Got it gassed up by my mate for 20 quid,

All going swimingly, A/C compressor kicked in on the way home and promptly emptied its contents inside the car whilst i was doing 60mph :lol: , guess who fogot to nip the union up into the evaporator whilst rushing this afternoon!, oh well it held vacuum and pressure and even some R134a was recovered so to me that means it was working fairly recently before it was removed from the donor car

I will have fully working a/c tomorrow :clap:

this any good?

Got all 4 PDF's buddy,

Unfortunately it tells you didly squat which way round the receiver dryer connectors go, Vince has alrewady given me the heads up, anyhow i had connected mine the right way round, 50:50 and i guessed right.

Shame it leaked out, oh well only another day 8)

Mate, looks like your car is coming along nicely! :clap:

Been a ball ache but hopefully it will pay off in the end!,

Still loads more to do however, does it ever end....

Mate, looks like your car is coming along nicely! :clap:

Been a ball ache but hopefully it will pay off in the end!,

Still loads more to do however, does it ever end....

:lol:

Let me know when it's finished so I can come and check it out! :salute:

Be up and running tomorrow afternoon,

Got a new roof mech to go in and i can finally start to sort the interior out, been driving round with no headlining for the last 2 1/2 months!

You seem to know your aircon stuff! Might need your help for retrofitting the climate control bits into my car....my aircon is good, blasting some really nice cold air today, but the cc is just miles better

If you type diavia air con dryer into Google, there is a company that does diavia webasto products. The front is off my car so if you need a part number I can take a picture

[ATTACH]83126[/ATTACH] unfortunately that's all the details its got on it. But they are a generic item. Why are you changing yours? Let me know how you get on.

Thanks I will contact them, how old is yours? Maine is like 20 years old, and I heard that dryer must be changed every 2 years plus I don't want to brake my air con.

Oops. I think mine is the original. None of my service history says about it being changed. Perhaps it's something I too should consider changing as at this rate the whole car will have been replaced!!