Sign in to follow this  
VR6cramp

My 1994 Aqua Blue VR6 - Build info added

Hey been registered for a while and thought it was finally time to share my VR6 with you all!

Its a 94 Aqua Blue VR6 with full cream leather Recaros (electric up down and tilt :) )

What do you think?

Those wheels + that ride height on a Corrado = :luvlove:

VERY nice :)

Looks awesome mate!

Any interior pics? Always wondered what mine would be lke with cream interior :luvlove:

Cheers guys for the comments :D

Will get some more pics up soon with some interior shots...... Might even try and find enough time to write some kind of build thread so you can see how the car has progressed and all its details?

Cracking looking car mate :notworthy: , do you not have any rubbung issues? I ask cos mine isn't that low & mine rubs the arches :(

Looks great mate. Wish I could get that stance on mine :notworthy: Have you had to have arch work done?

Well the wheels are ET 15 front and rear and sit nicely, the only work I did on the arches was to roll them and slightly cut the inner arch back. No real rubbing issues at all unless there r a few passengers so try and avoid that lol :D

Speed bumps r they main issues haha they all need destroying!?

Well thanks for all the coments, really pleased with how the car is looking atm :)

Thought i would show you all how it all started and how the rado got to where it is today.

Few pics of how the car looked when i bought it a couple of years back!

old2.jpg[/attachment:2dxjm550]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfOld.jpg[/attachment:2dxjm550]

So first thing to do was to give it a full service, then gave it a fresh set of disks and pads along with some Mk4 rear calipers and of course some pressed plates.

More to come!!!!

Then it was a time to sort the rear lights out, this is how they looked from the previous owner and i wasnt keen :?

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfold lights.jpg[/attachment:2jtycb96]

After removing the lights and stripping the tint spray off, gave them a fresh red tint and some clear coat for a much improved look:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfPaintedlights.jpg[/attachment:2jtycb96]

After fitting back on the car was much happier :)

new lights finished.jpg[/attachment:2jtycb96]

really professional looking job you did on the lights. Just out of interest, what brand of tint did you get & how many coats did you put on?

Then was time to sort the dials out, bought myself some DDI dials. Fitted the dials into place, then with the help from a mate wired in a nice UV light to make them glow 8)

Before

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDial before.jpg[/attachment:2x021pc2]

After

Dial after.jpg[/attachment:2x021pc2]

:D

ive just done ddi dials on mine and like em alot! :D yours is looking well mate :) lights look mint

Well havent had an update for a long time so here it is!!!,

Went on a short road trip to pick up a nice new power plant for the rado, a nice Mk5 R32 :)

engine3.jpg

Got cracking straight away with my best mate who is supplying the knowledge!!! Stripped the engine down ready for painting, leaving us with a pile of bits in the keep pile?!

IMG-20101030-00105.jpg

WestOxfordshire-20101030-00106.jpg

The VR6 engine was the removed for the rado:

IMG-20101120-00159.jpg

The R32 was the cleaned and painted and the the new oe VR6 water jacket and thermostat, Aux bracket and tensioner fitted

DSC00615.jpg

Inlet all painted up and fitted along with all alternator and pas pump. Looks like an engine again :D

WestOxfordshire-20101230-00253.jpg

We then removed the dash to get all the wiring looms out and stripped the bay ready for painting :)

IMG-20101230-00252.jpg

IMG-20101230-00247.jpg

Soooo that is all for now folks