Sign in to follow this  
JMC

Fitment question about Ultraleggeras and offsets

Just gone from my MO's (7.5x16", ET30) to a set of Oz Ultraleggeras (7x17", ET37). I'm no offset expert, but I can tell they are set further in than my MO's. I can just about get my fingers between the wheels and my coilies at the back, and am concerned about potential rubbing, and am thinking about spacers. How does the offset work for clearance on the inside edge of the wheels - is it a simple as a 7mm difference in this case (given the 7mm difference in offset), or is it more complicated given the wheels were different widths?? Any advice helpful guys...

half an inch is say 13mm, so your new wheels are 6.5mm narrower on each side. so if it was the same offset they would seem 6.5mm further inset. now you also have wheels that are set in an extra 7mm (37-30) so overall the outer side of the wheel is now approx 13mm further in than before.

i cant see that you'll have any rubbing issues with that but maybe you'd want spacers for cosmetic reasons given the change in stance with the new wheels.

Finally, it's clear and understand it :D thanks dukest. I've had a quick drive and haven't noticed any rubbing, however I think I'll try and source some hubcentric spacers. As you say, cosmetically it looks very different to how it did before.

Hmmm, seems I can't get hubcentric spacers below 10mm, and only fancy pushing them out 5-7mm all round....