Sign in to follow this  
robrado974

alloys opinions please

i know its always each to there own but thoughts on me wheels please ! gettin on for 9 years old now at least ! but im also gettin on a bit [40] and want to stay in touch with whats in n whats not , have they had there time or should i get them sorted [they need a referb]. want to be able to show the vr in some shows the bodywork is mint but wheels let her down :( ......is it me are they cack now ? do i refurb or get new ? here's a pic of em

IMG_1284.jpg

Sorry dude i forgot what wheels you have? A pic please?

If i was looking to buy NICE wheels right now id buy Butler's (C5OEM's) wheels, the 17" bbs, proper classy set of wheels that modernise things a bit too.

Btw, sorry to go off topic, what is a pack a head?

EDIT: I see you've added a pic, yeah id get rid of em if u can afford to replace with something nicer.

If i was looking to buy NICE wheels right now id buy Butler's (C5OEM's) wheels, the 17" bbs, proper classy set of wheels that modernise things a bit too.

good shout, i bought mine with 17" RX11s on, pretty timeless :)

I think they're pretty cool. don't think you can beat a five spoke ! speically if you got nice clean underneath,brakes, etc. Just my opinion, but then I am around your age :wink:

thanks for replies peeps mabe they are gettin on a bit . hi abdul pack'a' head is from tsr mate basically a ported head uprated cams n polished all that :)

thanks for replies peeps mabe they are gettin on a bit . hi abdul pack'a' head is from tsr mate basically a ported head uprated cams n polished all that :)

Hey buddy, sounds ace!

Seriously consider C5 OEM's wheels, they're sooo nice!!

Hey buddy, sounds ace!

Rob, those are the same as Chris Langdon's. Be easy to pop over to have a look at them. Mega money now though mate :gag:

They look a bit big, I think thats half the problem.

Try some wider 16's or some 3 piece 17's which look smaller than they are... The 17 inch BBS RS'''s are no doubt amazing but been done to death on the show scene. Get scanning the web and hunt out something a little out of the ordinary, should keep you busy for a while :grin:

Corrado looks awesome btw 8)

Hey buddy, sounds ace!

Rob, those are the same as Chris Langdon's. Be easy to pop over to have a look at them. Mega money now though mate :gag:

Chris has BBS RS's doesnt he? C5 OEM is selling some RXIIs.

Hey buddy, sounds ace!

Chris has BBS RS's doesnt he? C5 OEM is selling some RXIIs.

Ahh, shows what I know then :splat: :wave:

I think that a corrado's design suits tapered spokes (usually 5 spokes) with some kind of a dish. Namely AZEV A or C, RHZW1, Compomotive's etc. The BBS 301, RX etc are just very nice wheels that look good on anything.

bbs rx11`s 2 piece split rim 17x7.5 et35 ( for sale..!)

Lisashennightbagscan017-3.jpg

bbs rs301 3 piece split rim 17x7.5 et33 and rears 8`s et 27

DSCF6912.jpg

I'm not going mad :cuckoo:

I looked on the last page of C5 OEM's build when the RS's were on the car, not the pics earlier of the RX11's. Didn't read the bit about consider his wheels (as in for sale)

Both great designs of wheels.

You could do a lot worse than try the new Compomotive 5 spoke that looks a little like the Speedline Rob, there's a thread on a possible group buy.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=95117

If you want 5 spokes, then here's another vote for the Compomotives in the current group buy. I have the 16" version and have had plenty of comments as to how they suit the car (looking slightly like the original speedlines). Classic wheels. And yes I am slightly older too - 37.

bbs rx11`s 2 piece split rim 17x7.5 et35 ( for sale..!)

Lisashennightbagscan017-3.jpg

bbs rs301 3 piece split rim 17x7.5 et33 and rears 8`s et 27

DSCF6912.jpg

very nice good price to ! i just wish i had the dough :(