Sign in to follow this  
A5 VRX

Moonlight Blue VR6

Well here is my VR6, had it around 3 months or so after my last one failed in the engine department. Completely standard which in a way i wanted, plus money was tight. A few weeks searching i found this one in London, so after a while emailing/phoning it was train journey time.

1993 K VR6

Moonlight Blue

Factory fitted heated & electric leather Recoro's

Full bottom end rebuild at VW with reciepts circa £2500!

Loads of previous reciepts inc heater matrix (happy days i thought!)

First job was genuine discs and Textar pads, never driven a car like that in my life. The discs were warped so the drive home was very interesting plus i went the wrong way round the M25 took me 6 hours to get back, should of been 3!

No pictures of how the car was a couple weeks ago but it was just very standard looking, here are the aftermath pics of the matrix though which failed right in the middle of Notts while sat at the lights in rush hour!

Corrado conversion V2 (3).pdfDSC00045.JPG[/attachment:10fkrq64]

Book1.pdfDSC00046.JPG[/attachment:10fkrq64]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfDSC00047.JPG[/attachment:10fkrq64]

So a look on the forum and a few questions got me started on fitting a new one, plus detaching the heater box and washing that out,

ETKA Corrado.pdfDSC00053.JPG[/attachment:10fkrq64]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfDSC00054.JPG[/attachment:10fkrq64]

Corrado92.pdfDSC00056.JPG[/attachment:10fkrq64]

Another trip to TPS (Dealers)

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC00060.JPG[/attachment:10fkrq64]

Parts all fitted now except rear dust shields, old aux water pump vs new and heater marix

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC00063.JPG[/attachment:10fkrq64]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00061.JPG[/attachment:10fkrq64]

How it sits now on Koni Coilovers and 7x17" OZ Superturismo's

DSC00070.JPG[/attachment:10fkrq64]

Good commitment! The heater matrix job is one I don't much like the thought of having to tackle to be honest! Good choice on the wheels too.. Vince runs those on his VR6 Turbo and I have to say I do think they suit the Corrado a treat!

Cheers Jim, if i can do the Matrix you can as well, its not hard just time consuming really. Love the wheels picked them up from Wales yesterday for a bargain price put them on the car and thought, god that looks good!!

Cheers Matt, wheels have helped a great deal, looks like a comletely different car even the paint looks better!

Fed my Recaro's with AutoGlym stuff earlier too, that stuff is sh!t, will not be using it again plus it stinks

AJ

Looking really good mate, I'm glad you've tackled the heater matrix, never a nice job but peace of mind once it's done!! Looks really nice on those wheels too :)

Alright Tom, hows life without the VR then? Whats next on the list?

I've still got it at the moment, the new owner doesn't collect it until sometime next week. It just flew through the MOT too :) Still in love with it but another Corrado is on the cards soon ;)

Great work there Adam, Wow thats some strip down on the matrix :shock:

Love the wheels mate, can see why you grabbed those quick. Wouldn't mind a set myself one day. Keep up the good work.

Cheers Matt, wheels have helped a great deal, looks like a comletely different car even the paint looks better!

Fed my Recaro's with AutoGlym stuff earlier too, that stuff is sh!t, will not be using it again plus it stinks

AJ

Stuff to use is gliptone leather conditioner smells much better and works a lot better

AJ

Stuff to use is gliptone leather conditioner smells much better and works a lot better[/quote:91lm2m80]

So i've heard but thought the AutoGlym cant be all bad, it is. Looks like its dried my leather out not helped it so going to order the Gliptone later today

8vMatt, thanks mate didn't mean to mess you with your wheels but when these came up i just had to have them!

Coullstar, got to say i do prefer the motorsport style wheels myself but saying that cant beat some 17" RS' BTW your wheels are the cats nads!

Pete, ta bud, working on them yourself really helps and not having the presure to use her everyday makes things easier, wouldn't be able to carry out the work to the extent you did but i'm trying!

AJ

Looking good Adam, was good to see you stuck with it. The good times always outweigh the bad.

Swear down its 49% to 51% though Dave! Really want to keep this now and just slowly progress with it as and when. Next big job though is a rear beam rebuild i think,

AJ