Sign in to follow this  
delfinis38

Car Covers

I'm looking for a car cover for the rado for winter... cars kept in the garage but always get's dusty.

I know people have talked about them on the forum before but just wondering what fit's best. and where from.

I walk past a corrado in gosport marina most weekends and that has a nice cover over it now... it almost fits it like a glove. I'm guessing it's not bespoke. but it looks soft with a grey / reflective outside... anybody got any ideas what type of cover it is.... never seen the owner to ask.

I'm looking for a car cover for the rado for winter... cars kept in the garage but always get's dusty.

I know people have talked about them on the forum before but just wondering what fit's best. and where from.

I walk past a corrado in gosport marina most weekends and that has a nice cover over it now... it almost fits it like a glove. I'm guessing it's not bespoke. but it looks soft with a grey / reflective outside... anybody got any ideas what type of cover it is.... never seen the owner to ask.

Ask kip or butterfly... They have "corrado fitting" covers. dunno where they got them from though.

TBH, i think my one from halfords was more than adequate for what im using it for. Got staps to stop it flying away, thats the main thing. nothing stopping some one nicking it though if thats what worries you? :shrug:

I nothing stopping some one nicking it though if thats what worries you? :shrug:

no props their as it's in a locked garage. so something that's easy to lift on and off would be ideal

Hafords mate... medium size Luxury cover will do you. You need the anti-scratch lining that the luxury ones got.

A fitted corrado cover will set you back at least Twice that...

Got the same one for my Corrado's and yeah - it's fine. Perfect size - almost like it's designed for the car :) Fits best if you unscrew the aerial and tuck in the mirrors :)

Fits best if you unscrew the aerial and tuck in the mirrors :)

yeah, same... The arial is a bit of a pain under the cover, but its easy enough to take off!

been looking at some on ebay and they range from £15 upwards. Now some of the cheap ones will be just that - cheap. Maypole is a name that keeps cropping up. My main concern is scratching of the paint each time the cover is removed. Not worried about fitting the shape, just something strong enogh to resist the cold and not spoil the paintwork. Is it feasible to gt something within say £30 or so?

Is it feasible to gt something within say £30 or so?

you can get covers for that price... but not any that will be kind to your paint and will last more than a few years. The one from halfords I mentioned is probably the cheapest one you'll find that doesn't scratch