Sign in to follow this  
dannyboy

Which gearbox should i get?

hi guys,

i know youve prob heard this million times but i have searched for it and cant find it.

Is anyone running a ASD code gearbox?i was reading that it has a very long 5th.what would this be like in standard rado?

Its either ASD or a CTN box. Found CTN box for 329 euro with 41k on it but also found ASD box with 46k for 150 euro

All i want is to cruise down the autobahn,low rpm(high speed) and bit of accelaration on the lower gears,not bothered about 0-60 timings or anything like that.

CTN or ASD? :shrug:

Also are these boxes a direct swap?Being 02a boxes they should be,hopefully :confused4:

sorry dude,its PG

Reason im asking is because the car WILL be getting moddified so stronger and longer box is needed

cheers dude

forget to metion,it has a ATB gearbox on it at the moment which isnt too bad,better 5th than the ATA box

but i need a longer 5th

Cause i chewed my last ATA box when i was only putting out 223 bhp(not really ragging it either) so rather not run a petrol box

It would be nice to save bit of fuel on long journies back to uk,so ctn or asd box sounds better and prob takes bit more punishment than petrol boxes

I have a CTN box in mine,and i absolutely rate it :D

Fifth gear is like an overdrive,motorway driving is such a pleasure with the high gearing,so much better to the gallon,

Cant speak about the ASD as i havent had the pleasure,but looking at the gear ratios,should be very similiar.

The diesel boxes are supposed to be stronger,

good luck

I have a CTN box in mine,and i absolutely rate it :D

Fifth gear is like an overdrive,motorway driving is such a pleasure with the high gearing,so much better to the gallon,

Cant speak about the ASD as i havent had the pleasure,but looking at the gear ratios,should be very similiar.

The diesel boxes are supposed to be stronger,

good luck

Awesome,cheers dude just what i was looking for.

There is no difference between CTN box off a passat,caddy or golf is there? one ive seen is off a passat 1.9 tdi 1996