Sign in to follow this  
Wastegate86

fifth gear mk2 gti

Madness. I don't even think its worth the 5K that 5th Gear spent.

Besides for 1.50 you could win the one they are offering at the moment and its RED :lol: :lol:

It doesn't look like a lot of that £5k was spent tidying up under the bonnet. There are way, way better Mk2s out there for way, way less.

I love it when people win a prize like that and then, shamelessly, attempt to sell it for the absolute maximum amount possible. Muppet!

I'd rather have bought my mates Mk2 VR6 for the £2000 he sold it for, then burnt the other £6500, than spend £8500 on that GTi.

And I guarantee my mates was a lot quicker, handled loads better, was a lot tidier, and sounded much better too

Never understood why a cars value should depend on whether it had appeared on the telly or someone famous's ar*e had sat in the drivers seat. It's still only a car.

I have a feeling that is going to be hanging around for a while, not even someone from edition38 would pay that much for a mk2 16v!

5th gear is a bag of poo anyway, people seem to think that just because its been on TV you can hype the price up stupidly. Im guessing that that eejit Tiff Needel has wragged the living crap out of it round a track as well and hes not the kind of person to be bothered about things like a clutch or gearbox etc.