Sign in to follow this  
chrisb2.0

black strips on roof

doing a corrado projsct and in need of some black strips that go in the gutters of the roof ne one know where i can get a pair from?

09082006-1.jpg

P2319_18-06-10.jpg

P2105_23-06-10.jpg

P160701_07-07-10.jpg

P2211_19-07-10.jpg

P164302_31-07-10.jpg

P1643_31-07-10.jpg

Nice pics and welcome to the forum!

VW dealers will sell them but you may find they are cheaper from a company called GPC based in Luton.

:shocked!: Now that's a project... keep up the good work :notworthy:

what happened the old roof strips? did you damage them taking them off?

Reason I'm asking is if you still have the old ones they can be restored to look like new using a Stanley knife & some laquer

the old ones were well past there best they were all falling apart. this car has been sitting in my drive for 6 years doing nothing just decided to bring it back to life but its taking some hours. but should be well worth it when its done well miss driving the rado

Those roof strips are getting scarce and the price is so high - I saw a pair on ebay a few weeks ago £120 for the two!

/\ Good price that. I'm pretty sure that if you look after them they will last 10 years or more, having said that the razor blade option when done well can look as good as OEM :wink:

Could be another candidate for a group buy if anyone knows someone that can manufacture these?

Yes - I did think this might be possible some time ago. Over to those who have mates/contacts in the plastic moulding side.

Could make a bomb, I would suggest. (Sorry - I'll rephrase that in case CIA/MI6 are watching this forum, too! - could make someone/some company a lot of money.

Could be another candidate for a group buy if anyone knows someone that can manufacture these?

can some one work on the GB, I want to know how much this would cost? Need to get the old ones replaced

/\ Good price that. I'm pretty sure that if you look after them they will last 10 years or more, having said that the razor blade option when done well can look as good as OEM :wink:

whats the razor blade option?

whats the razor blade option?

You use a razor blade to cut away the perished rubber that normally makes the strips look tatty after its cracked. If you wanted to go a step further you would then sand it as well. If they are faded, bit of paint and they can look new, probably get both done on a sunny Sunday :)