Sign in to follow this  
JMC

Disparity of service...

Had really good customer service today when ordering some parts from VW and it got me thinking. I live in the London area, and very often when I ring up for parts at local garages I either can't get through, or I'm told that I have to go and pay before they'll even order them. Nice, not what I need.

This time I rang the garage local to my folks in Yorkshire as I am off up there next week. Person picked up the phone, and I got a 'Sorry sir, the parts guy is busy, can have I have your name and number and he'll call you back'. Yeah I thought, like that'll happen. Anyway, 5 mins later get a call. "how can we help?". Gave the guy a list of parts. "Yep we can get those, they'll be in saturday". Didn't want payment up front, no worries if I go in next week and get them. Thank you very much.

Funny how there is such a difference in customer service levels, and without wanting to further the north south divide debate (as that'll be about as unbiased as the VR6/G60 debate), it seems to be the further away from London I get the better the service. Must be the stress down here :lol:. Anyway, ramble over....

I find this but also with companies/people in the same area. I find that A LOT of people are just really rude and don't give a schitt, whereas others do.

Yep, that's very true mate. Northerners are definitely friendlier and more helpful than hostile, southern shandy drinkers :D

But the disparity in service in this country has been going on for years. Some people can be arsed, some can't!

When you phone a company you speak to a person, 90% of the time you're not getting that particular companies service but that particular persons. Such is life

Kev - I'm surprised you say that.

I'm a born and bred Northerner but spent 14 years living down in the South East, without a shadow of a doubt I found (on average of course) that Southerners were more pleasant and friendly than Northerners :D

not sure what that says about the midlands, but our parts is a joke. have to speak to some muppets in derby sitting infront of a computer who seemingly have never seen a car let alone a vw, and thats ringing a leics number.

so many cockups by these, cant understand how they still have a job. def putting me off buying another dub.

Both of the main parts guys at my local Veedub are nice chaps.

One has a mk1 golf running a big spec kr engine, solid lifters etc, he's normally the dogs danglies when it comes to corrado parts,

The other guy? Not so much... managed to order me a Golf Rad temp sensor instead of a coolant level sensor, we had a little chuckle though, so it's not so bad really.

Hi

I live in Chichester West Sussex and my local VW Dealer Peter Cooper are good aswell they even give you discount on showing yr CCGB Card and they also order first then pay when you collect so all down south are not bad.

Only had good experiences with VW parts department here in Holland, and they speak English to avoid me ordering the wrong parts with my dodgy Dutch.. :lol:

Kev - I'm surprised you say that.

I'm a born and bred Northerner but spent 14 years living down in the South East, without a shadow of a doubt I found (on average of course) that Southerners were more pleasant and friendly than Northerners :D

I've been up and down the country many times and that's just what I've observed personally.

It's like with everything. Familiarity breeds contempt and getting away from your own surroundings to somewhere different somehow feels 'better', such as holidays etc.