Sign in to follow this  
joby

Why do people lie when selling cars

Just venting off some anger here :mad2: I am currently looking for a daily runner for the wife which we have narrowed down to 2 cars Preferably a mercedes clk 320 convertible or a Audi TT! So yesterday we went off armed with info for 4 cars 1 in bolton 1 in cheshire 1 in bradford and the other in birmingham 3 were dealers and 1 private Clk`s suffer from rust around the arches and i specificaly asked them if there was any rust and they all said NO! And they all did, The TT was really nice untill i spotted the bolts on the offside wing were slightly misaligned and the bonnet had been repainted He then slipped it in that it was registered as a cat D But failed to tell me that before i travelled up there :mad2: Be carefull when buying as there are plenty of crooks and dodgy dealers out there...

You can have the dealers up for that with trading standards, if you ask the question they have to answer it honestly..

i wouldn't ever buy a car from Birmingham most of them are cat c cat d, in my experience.

yeh and london is full of 100% legit cars.

NOT

We had a similar experience when looking for a mk3 VR. Went to look at a 'highline' in High Wycombe. Asked if it was free of rust and a genuine highline. The seller said it was in excellent condition. I asked again about rust on the rear wheel arches and sills. He assured me there was none. So after 1 3/4hour drive, we get there. The seller wasn't even there, just his Dad, who knew nothing about the car. And guess what. Rust. And not just a little bit either. ALL FOUR arches were properly rotten! And to top it all off, it wasn't even a proper highline. Why do people do it. It's not as if I'm going to buy it, just because I've had to drive 80 miles to see it. Cnut!

Because lots of people are just dishonest bastards unfortunately. Anything to make a few quid, even if it means outright lying to people.

I have just sold my T4 camper and i even changed the oil before he picked it up and put fuel in to make sure he got it home, I am always sorry to see any of my vehicles go because of the amount of work i put into them within my ownership and always want people to be happy when they parted with there hard earned cash! I just feel like hanging on to the Merc we have now and not bothering

i wouldn't ever buy a car from Birmingham most of them are cat c cat d, in my experience.

I would never, ever buy a car from Birmingham.

Its incredibly frustrating. I'm proud of the fact that the last 11 cars I've sold have all sold to the first viewer, can't see the point in wasting peoples time (and mine) by misrepresenting items.

Just think along the lines of "Every bad one you see puts you a step closer to a good one"

Bizarrely, the last three cars but one I've bought have been off E-Bay and all have been 100% as described