Sign in to follow this  
delfinis38

CAMSKILL

I've used them before, got the tyres next day (after despatched), I ordered some tyres through them just this morning in fact, online though never tried ringing them.

I've used them before, got the tyres next day (after despatched), I ordered some tyres through them just this morning in fact, online though never tried ringing them.

thanks.... i will order later then, I've emailed to ask about stock level. awaiting a reply

They're a bit like MyTyres. Mainly geared up for web sales rather than tele sales.

I would get a quote from a local tyre place or 3 first though. I used to get my tyres from, err, My tyres, and I'd get moaned at by the security guards at work, then I had to shove em in the car, then I had to drive to a tyre fitter and sometimes get a cold shoulder for turning up with internet rubber...... and not always save much money after all that!!

I just got 4 x 215/40/17 Kumhos from a local place, fitted and balanced for £300 all in.

Camskill want £241 for the same tyres, delivered. Most places where i live want £15 per wheel for fitting and balancing and I've never seen cheaper than a tenner per wheel, so the camskill route would have cost £1 more :D

i got some toyo PX4's from there a few months back. cheapest place i could find and they came 2 days later. thought that was preety good. didnt think much to the packing though! :lol:

They're a bit like MyTyres. Mainly geared up for web sales rather than tele sales.

I would get a quote from a local tyre place or 3 first though. I used to get my tyres from, err, My tyres, and I'd get moaned at by the security guards at work, then I had to shove em in the car, then I had to drive to a tyre fitter and sometimes get a cold shoulder for turning up with internet rubber...... and not always save much money after all that!!

I just got 4 x 215/40/17 Kumhos from a local place, fitted and balanced for £300 all in.

Camskill want £241 for the same tyres, delivered. Most places where i live want £15 per wheel for fitting and balancing and I've never seen cheaper than a tenner per wheel, so the camskill route would have cost £1 more :D

That's why you chat to one of the guys there and ask him which beer he likes, then bring him a crate after the close and get him to do it for that.

Surely theres someone who wants to do it on the side for a bit of cash in his pocket or beer?

i dont want to pay more than £40 to get my tryes swapped over etc :?

im sure my mate paid 2 quid per wheel to have them removed, not sure how much they charged him to put them back on though

im sure my mate paid 2 quid per wheel to have them removed, not sure how much they charged him to put them back on though

Yeah my place have standard charges like that too.

They're the best balancers around my parts by far, so I don't mind paying them to do a good job tbh.

Fair enough if people have mates in the trade though. I haven't :(

They're the best balancers around my parts by far, so I don't mind paying them to do a good job tbh.

Make friends :camp:

I've never had a mechanic turn down beer in favour of the garage getting paid

Make friends :camp:

I've never had a mechanic turn down beer in favour of the garage getting paid[/quote:3qy9v29o]

agree... Beer token's or a few quid for a Mc D's for lunch normally works

Ive got a mate who works for a main dealer (nissan) so 5 quid a tyre for fitting for me :lol: , he wanted 15 quid for 4 but i felt i was taking the piss :lol: :lol: .

Camskil have always been great, with regard to the wrapping comment, you dont need to wrap tyres do you!, they just come banded together from all the companies, after all they drive along on top of tarmac with a tonne plus worth of car sat on them, sitting in a delivery van isnt likely to do them any harm :lol: :lol: