Sign in to follow this  
Fulltimejunglist

Polishing wheels.

Ive been polishing up my wheels - estorils which i cant be botherd to do again as they took along time as they were pretty shagged when i got them, i cant afford new wheels so theil have to do and they do look fairly smart all shiney.

Ill put soe pictures up of them tomorow but i need to know (Before i put the tyre on which should be tomorow/today can i clear coat them after to protect them to save me having to do them again in anohter week or so?

cheers lads/ladys

After polishing my TT Comps, I use Collinite 476 wax. Its very hard wearing and I prob only re-polish the wheels every 2-3 months.

After polishing my TT Comps, I use Collinite 476 wax. Its very hard wearing and I prob only re-polish the wheels every 2-3 months.

i use Alu Belgom on mine. Also very good for removing any corrosion that may have gotten in. Where can you buy Collinite, btw?

i use Alu Belgom on mine. Also very good for removing any corrosion that may have gotten in. Where can you buy Collinite, btw?

A few people on ebay sell it, and i've seen it on some of the detailing retail sites!

A few people on ebay sell it, and i've seen it on some of the detailing retail sites!

Yep as said I got mine off ebay. Works wonders for me. There's so many products out there thats near impossible to find the absolute best one.

I got my tyre fitted on one wheel today, looked nice when i took them now, after about 16 hours sanding some doughnut has scratched my lip and the face and charged me £5 for fittment and destroying the work id spent hours doing.

Dont go to quick fit

Dont go to sh1t fit

Thats more like their quality of work.

Sorry to hear that mate, very annoying. Got any pics of your handy work?

Ill get them up in the day tomorow, now it doesnt look as ncie but still better than the origional condition.

Ill also get one of what they were like aha..

Maybe one of my roof lining and gear stick gator too if i find the effort.

Smoothed off the writing on them also which some bloke told me i would find impossible.

Sorry bout not already having pictures, im just lazy, im also not looking for brownie points.

Cheers

did you polish that by hand? bloody hell must have taken ages if you did. You should get a metal polishing kit for a drill with the appropriate compounds. You can easily get a mirror finish if you wanted

Aha yea alot of wet and dry and bordom, after many many hours i realised gloves are they way forward to saving your fingr tips.

Cheers also mate, much apreciated did take along time, feels good at the end though knowing you made them so much better.

Regards Aidan

nice work mate :) as for tyre fitting we use lodge tyres up by ab fletchers in bham mate , they took very good care putting my tyres on

these look great polished up. Dont think i'd have the patience to do them by hand though........definitely a drill/dremel ftw....

Also i'd go polished over painted too.

i would have if i could have afforded it but as i couldnt i jsut had to do them by hand....

Worth it though they look ok... their still not bbs mind...

yea tbh i got them each individually removed and then a new tyre on about 7 hours later for free on them all other than 2 tyres on so i supose its fairly good of them....

Takes seconds but still....

cheers anyway people

Got me a parking ticket today, yay.