Sign in to follow this  
vagingit.co.uk

MFA boost check reliable?

Ive just made the MFA into a boost reader like on the matey matey website, but Im really concerned.

Is it accurate?

When put into boost gauge, the website stated that you should see 550-750 at idle, but mine was only 450-500 at idle

then it goes on to say that you should take it to the redline in 3rd and 4th gears, and then make a not of the highest reading

I didnt take it right up to the redline (surely no need as boost drops off), but the gauge read a highest reading of 800!!!!!! :eek:

the website states that you want to see 1800 (I think) for a healthy standard charger. The charger was rebuilt 10k ago, and the car seems to pull ok, albeit seems to die off around 4k

should I be worried, could there be a boost leak, if so, how the hell do I find it?

No to both questions, the engine is standard at present, I have 68mm pulley and chip to fit, but they are not on yet,

I awaiting an RSR outlet to be delivered from Gwerks to get rid of the bloody black silencer box.

There is a slight whistle when you rev the car from the engine, but it sounds like its coming from the throttle body area, but its not constant

the whistle is the excees boost going passed the bypass only on full foot to the floor throttle does the bypass shut totally

i get it if i floor it and then back off quickly its a normal sound

Dont take these reads as gospel.i done the mfa test and it said i was running on full throttle at 5900 rpm 200-230(23-20 psi in vacunm).Put a boost guage and done the same a got 10 psi on standard pulley

Like everything electrical on this car,dont just trust the display

Dont take these reads as gospel.i done the mfa test and it said i was running on full throttle at 5900 rpm 200-230(23-20 psi in vacunm).Put a boost guage and done the same a got 10 psi on standard pulley

Like everything electrical on this car,dont just trust the display

this is what Ive been thinking, what would you expect boost wise from a standard car then chaps? There is abooost gauge on the dash, but didnt know if that was right either, henc why I checked the MFA

about 11 psi on new run-in charger on standard pulley im pretty sure,someone correct me please if im wrong

Less than 8 psi start looking at getting charger serviced

Done another test today,got 200 again full throttle and when to 30 on overrun so either mines screwy or im running in vacuam at full throttle?

about 11 psi on new run-in charger on standard pulley im pretty sure,someone correct me please if im wrong

Less than 8 psi start looking at getting charger serviced

Done another test today,got 200 again full throttle and when to 30 on overrun so either mines screwy or im running in vacuam at full throttle?

excellent news, just been out for a blast in it, gave it full throttle, and it made 10 psi on the dash mounted boost gauge. It must be fairly healthy then