Sign in to follow this  
VR6 Lee

vr6 storm... bargain or not(UPDATED 14TH OCT)

if its going for around 2.5 k then i'd probably buy it but i dont so i cant :lol:

Could always phone VW and find out what history of servicing they have. That might give some clues depending on how recently it went to a dealer.

Message from seller; i rest my case... :D

hi mate,

i dont think it did sell..

earler today, the highest bidder (from ireland) called and requested i cancel his bid, as he had been quoted huge VRT import duty to ireland.

i cancelled his bid this morning and there were no further bids.

ive yet to hear from the under bidder-now the winner- who thinks he was outbid a couple of days ago!

what a mess!

it may well still be available!

give me a call if you would like to discuss.

cheers

Kind regards,

Mark Heron

Strange that the Irish bidder seemed to have no clue about the import duty when he was bidding, don't you think?

And within hours of the auction ending he's wiser and bailing out.

its a strange one. If you search the reg it comes back from a auction site in glasgow so i'm a little confused

yeah, bloke seems really genuine tbh from emails and everything.

Train ticket up there is £28 from stockport but don't feel confident going up on my own as I have limited knowledge of rado's if it was a golf mk 4 then ill have no problems but am a bit warry at the moment. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

tbh, there's a wealth of knowledge here so you'll be ok. Compared with modern engies the VR is really quite straightforward. As a brief overview, just check for oil leaks around the top of the engine, squeeze every hose you see and make sure it comes back to normal quickly, check fluid levels (dipstick is the red handle near the front, coolant is in the header tank top right, power steering fluid in the cloudy yellow cylinder on the right with red cap and brake fluid top left with two connectors coming off it) Have a look at teh discs see there's no lip on them, use a torch to see brake pad wear, should be at least 5-6mm.

Take it for a drive, listen for noises, do a full lock-to-lock turn, three point turn and listen for clicking, bounce the car from front and back, check all panels line up, check seals around door frames and boot lid, check electrics work. Bodywork, take a magnet and check for filler around the arches etc or anywhere else you want to.

If uou can, get under it and look for leaks and split rubbers.

Good luck and i'm sure you'll be fine.

2K. Sounds like a really good price for a storm. If worse comes to worse you could probably recoup all your money back from the sale of bits. Leather alone is worth a few bob not to mention the rear storm badge :)

Keep an eye on the coolant and oil temp on the way down. Maybe an idea to bring some top up with ya just incase as a thought ?

Just had a look at the other thread, the story looks completely genuine and quite heart warming really. Hope you've got a good one but even if it needs some work I think it'll be worth it. I'll be looking forward to seeing it back in to the hands of a Corrado enthusiast!

Update

Bloke seems really genuine and knows his stuff about the VR so

Deposit paid!!

Just got to organise collection now, so all on the up!

Couple of pics

:D :D :D

dsc00448.jpg

dsc00457.jpg

dsc00470.jpg

dsc00477.jpg

Did he ever get the faulty relay sorted

Quote:

yeh.. i just need to find out which relay is faulty. when you touch/move the fuse box, you can hear a relay clicking on/off.. i need to pull them all out and clean up the contact points or find the loose wire..no major drama..

she runs sweet and i can say there is noticeably more torque than a golf vr6, it pulls harder and the throttle is very responsive.

surpirsinlgy confortable car to drive, great driving position and comfortable seats.. brilliant cross country tool..

Quote:

yeh.. i just need to find out which relay is faulty. when you touch/move the fuse box, you can hear a relay clicking on/off.. i need to pull them all out and clean up the contact points or find the loose wire..no major drama..

she runs sweet and i can say there is noticeably more torque than a golf vr6, it pulls harder and the throttle is very responsive.

surpirsinlgy confortable car to drive, great driving position and comfortable seats.. brilliant cross country tool..

Yeah asked the question a few days ago

reply below

hi lee,

the relay problem was resolved. there had been a bad earth in the fuse box, a couple of missing fuses and a flasher relay needed replaced. all sorted now- long before i advertised the car

Quote:

reply below

hi lee,

the relay problem was resolved. there had been a bad earth in the fuse box, a couple of missing fuses and a flasher relay needed replaced. all sorted now- long before i advertised the car[/quote:98r1nykc]

Good times shame you had to get the same colour as mine though

Quote:

reply below

hi lee,

the relay problem was resolved. there had been a bad earth in the fuse box, a couple of missing fuses and a flasher relay needed replaced. all sorted now- long before i advertised the car[/quote:gqnjkcdd]

Good times shame you had to get the same colour as mine though[/quote:gqnjkcdd]

I don't see it like that, I see it that 2 brothers have 2 of the 250 mystic blue storms. happy times!!!

Originally I was going to get a capri Brooklands, well up until 2 weeks ago but bloke pulled out