Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

Lamborghini Sesto Elemento

Interesting Article on this in EVO this month which I'm sure a few of you have already seen.

I love it, reminds me of the recent Stratos concept......should be reasonably quick as well :norty:

Looks alright doesn't it.

I bet if you hang around Knightsbridge in the coming weeks you'll see an early one. Failing that stand outside the player's car park at Man City :)

Anyone else thought origami ????????????? All those creases and folds.

This, its got too much going on.

Nice power to weight ratio though.

Not too keen to be honest. I like the ideas behind it, especially around looking to weight saving as a method of gaining performance rather than ever increasing the BHP.

But I don't like the look of it much - at least from the pictures. The front view has rather a lot of Ferrari 458 influence about it too...?

I should re-iterate I love the concept but I dont love the look of the thing !!

It looks a bit thrown together if thats possible - a bit low budget Areil Atom - although nothing could be further from the truth.

To be fair I dont think it would ever leave the factory looking like that - not as a 'mainstream' lambo anyway.

Can't see the 458 similarity JIM - now that is a stunning piece of design ........best looking ferrari since 355 IMO !

Built mainly to showcase the new type of carbon that they have developed in conjunction with Boeing.

Its about a third of the cost of conventional carbon fibre, has about 80% of the structural rigidity of conventional carbon fibre and does not require oven baking, it can actually be stamped out like sheet steel

Can see this material becoming widely utilised

Built mainly to showcase the new type of carbon that they have developed in conjunction with Boeing.

Its about a third of the cost of conventional carbon fibre, has about 80% of the structural rigidity of conventional carbon fibre and does not require oven baking, it can actually be stamped out like sheet steel

Can see this material becoming widely utilised

what carbon is that then? any info?

Its a material labelled CFRP - carbon fibre reinforced plastic, it does not need to be layered like traditional carbon fibre so its much quicker to manufacture, I believe Boeing are using it on the Dreamliner