Sign in to follow this  
_Meth

Wishbone torque settings

Does anyone know where to find the torque settings for the two bolts that hold the wishbones on?

Im getting a nasty clunk from the front after changing the bone and I think its stretched bolts / bolts not tight enough...

What bone did you use? If an original one, did you fit the metal sleeve on the rear bush?

I normally torque those bolts up to 80lb ft.

Pattern bone. Not a GSF one, used that before and was crap. Tried a FAI one this time from a local motor shop - they highly recommended them and said they are normally bang on and miles better than the GSF ones...

No metal sleeve - however there wasnt one when I replaced the wishbone last time either...

130Nm (96 lbft) on the wishbone rear bush bolt and no corrados have metal sleeves, the subframe has locating horse-shoes instead.

are your anti-roll bars clear of the wishbone?, they can be very close with pattern drop links.

oh, front wishbone bolt is the same torque too.

130Nm (96 lbft) on the wishbone rear bush bolt and no corrados have metal sleeves, the subframe has locating horse-shoes instead.

My original VR bushes had sleeves in them.

ARB is very close to wishbone - but what can I do about it? Short of removing one of the rubbers to make it sit lower - but then it wont work correctly / make a noise of its own...

We need pics chap, the arb shouldn't be any closer than it was before....unless you have the wishbone on the wrong side.

I found I needed to put a washer behind one pattern droplink to space the curved bushing supporting washer down a bit, but it depends on the make of drop link as some have one big washer that is welded in place, in that case you'd need another 'free' washer of the same type to space the bushing up a little.

Glad you stopped the knocking anyway, a little copper grease on the threads is a good idea (for the next poor soul who needs the bolts out) as cutting the floor out to get at the captive nut is not what you want to be doing!