Sign in to follow this  
Ka`

Infinity Basslink

i've had an idea for those how want to mount it upright to save boot space...i am yet to test this though so its still in the *dumb thought in my head* process

mount it upright running paralel with the boot wall, using the other set of feet (that you would do if you were mounting it laying down) stick it to the boot wall aswell? either that or somehow strap it to the boot wall somehow??

I went out and got the velcrow last night but it was too cold and dark to bother messing around outside. I'll give it a go when i can but the idea (in my head) seems to work :roll:

I had similar thoughts last night too... both that it was sodding cold and dark out there and that I may be able to use a pair of the other feet to stick it to the side of the boot as well as the floor... 8) great minds and all that... :D

not sure if I can bothered to run a cable to the battery though, I hate lifting carpets and trims!

What's this? From the master of small (yet very good ;) ) modifications?!? :roll: Kev? You're slipping! :-P :lol: :wink:

LOL.....After installing 3 subs, 4 amps and 2 sets of component speakers into my VW Jetta in 1993, I vowed never to do it again! I don't lack the aptitude, just the enthusiasm - when it comes to trim and car wiring!

Engines and mechanicals are great....you just unbolt em, fix em and bolt em back together, no sweat. But with interiors, and especially on the Corrado, all the sodding clips break and the way they come out, or don't in some cases, just annoys the hell out of me!!

Oh, I thought that was the air-con overflow pipe? Mine's blocked off at the end because I obviously haven't got air-con. You learn something every day!

I like Jedi's cellotaped wire idea though :lol:

Jees, what are we on????

K

It looks nice! How much did you guys pay or it? What sort of power is it putting out? I neet to get something smaller than i have know and was thinking an active sub was the way to go!!! :D

That is pritty cheap for what it is! I think i am going to have to make another purchase for my vr! :D

Does give excellent bass, it has to be said.

Doesn't freak out on the deep lower frequency bass notes either.. if you crank the gain up it really makes the whole car vibrate :)

Seems a bargain to be honest at £144!

Those of you with the Basslink do you have the rest of your system running from the head unit or are you using amps?

I've got the rest of the speakers running off my head unit and I'm really happy with the sound... 8)

i just have the 40w x 4 head unit running some kenwood components front and kenwood rears, then the bass link.....

got it in upright now...and just been on a trip to edgeware this afternoon...round'a'bouts...fast corners, just checked and its still upright 8)

Yeah, mine is all running off the headunit too - no other amp apart from the one built into the sub.

Might try propping mine up as you have Jedi.. and then velcro the back also so it sticks a little better :)

hmmmm, this is making me more and more tempted... might have to get one in the week. As for running the cables, it's just power and feed from the head unit?

8) I also remeber reading that power and feed should run down the car away from each other?

Preferably, yes... 8) It's to make sure you don't get any electrical noise picked up on the low-level audio signals in the audio feed cables...

Either side of the central tunnel, or either side of the passenger floor is enough to get around any problems... 8)

Yip, I removed the passenger seat, rear seat and the rear side panel, ran the power feed down the side then the phono cable down near the centre tunnel and havent had any interference problems at all. if you buy the basslink from the link in this thread you get a free wiring kit and the phono leads also have a wire between them that I used for the remote switch on

here are some pics of the basslink, not in the car as it was too dark when i got it in, also it looks a bit...hmm....crappy with the white board...i'll cover it with felt later i think but at least its in for now.

A quick note aswell!! you have to velcrow the carpet down on the right hand side of the boot as the amp grips the carpet so well...it just lifts the carpet up...so you need to secure it down.

but as i said...it all stays in place nicely now.

sticky back velcrow was about £3 from robert sales!

ok so here it is in the car. i know it looks a bit crap but as i said it will be covered in black felt soon so you wont see it. Also im still unsure if i need to attach it to the side wall. seems to stay in place ok by itself! so i may take those top brackets off.

Look around some places

i was scanning the other night as i'm looking for one for my golf

Saw it for £133.

need to find out where from as i didn't bookmark it :cry:

I have this, though the internal amp blew and I havent gotten it fixed yet. Anyway....

When it was working, I found it amazing. The rest of my system is/was totally stock save for a Nakamichi CD-45z headunit and this thing thumped. Bass was nice and tight with hardly any distortion. I dont see how a Corrado could need anymore than this item so something like it (10" sub/200watt amp) If anything, adding an additional amp for aftermarket speakers.

First I had it mounted upright on a false wood floor but I didnt measure correctly and couldnt access my spare. So out that came and then I screw it directly into the back of the rear passenger seat. If you didnt know, theres a metal plate behind the card-board type stuff. Secured fine and sounded just as good to my novice ears (idealy you dont want it aiming at the floor, i think).

I bought it for 450usd = 225BPS back when it first came out, but now prices here are down to 250usd = 125bps.