krnau

KR feeling like it's only 90HP after a front crash

Hi,

I had a crash the other day. The damaged parts were only front bumper and slam panel.

After all of this has been replaced, the car feels like it has no power at all. There's no kick at 4.000rpm as it used to be, and nothing at all. It feels like a 90(ish) HP car...

I've checked vacuum pipes today and all of them are OK...

what else could have gone wrong? distributor rotor arm maybe? I'm really going mad!!

thanks for reading :)

check the airbox area, for debris or anything blocking it, it maybe worth taking the airbox apart and checking the filter is ok, or any bits of broken plastic ect, that could restrict air flow, how bad was the fornt end? what got damaged and what was replaced?

check the airbox area, for debris or anything blocking it, it maybe worth taking the airbox apart and checking the filter is ok, or any bits of broken plastic ect, that could restrict air flow, how bad was the fornt end? what got damaged and what was replaced?

I already checked the airbox area. Air filter has about 15.000 miles on it ( :lol: ) but if it was the problem, it would have been running like crap before the crash... and it was running OK.

the front end was not that bad. the crash was at about 20 or 25mph and I crashed into a stopped car (in a traffic jam). I only replaced the bumper and slam pannel. anything else was affected.

I'm thinking about deleting the overrun cutoff valve (just under the air intake boot) for one day to see if it's faulty (just in case it's sucking air from the airbox and bypassing the metering head flap....)....

could there be any problems such as sucking too much air-through-metering-flap on idle, or something?

an air leak could def cause poor running as the air to fuel mixture would be incorrect, you could test this and on a gas anylser check the co level.

yes I'll do it. I'll test system pressure first with a set of gauges. or should I get the CO checked first in order to discard any probs??

i would prob check the emissions first and see if its within spec. and also check the ignition timing while you there, it would rule out fuel and ignition timing problems,

right, I'll get it done. I'll blank overrun cutoff valve first just to see if it's permanently allowing un-metered air into the system.

thanks!

UPDATE.

-Replaced air filter

-No oil leaks in dizzy cap

-TIming belt's marks are OK

-Idle sits at 1.000rpm and maybe 1.100 when rad fan is ON (it's for summer as A.C. made idle too low when on)

-Overrun cutoff valve is OK

-Throttle position switch is OK

-There are NO air leaks. I've checked all vacuum pipes, intake boot, injector inserts, inlet manifold, throttle body, ISV air pipe, WUR air pipe, servo pipe..... everything

-Dizzy rotor arm and cap look OK to me. However, when putting cap back into the dizzy, I've seen that it has some amount of play. Pic 1 shows what makes that play, and pics 2 & 3 show the play itself. Pic 4 shows the rotor arm. is it set OK? Pic 5. shows dizzy cap, does it look ok?

54393644047.jpg

54392964048.jpg

4049h.jpg

54392924045.jpg

4046.jpg

-Flywheel marks are a)invisible b)not set up right. See pics. the tooth on the left had a white dot which can't be appreciated in my 0.3Mpx phone camera [LOL]. BTW this car is a corrado, so I imagine gearbox will not be the same as golf and so flywheel marks won't look like the same?

(Crank and cam pulleys' marks were set OK when I took these pics)

4043.jpg

4044w.jpg

Still pending:

-get CO checked

-check fuel pressures with gauge

-check plugs

-replace fuel filter

Actually checking:

-coolant temperature senders (swapping wires)

OMG that's taking my life...

Just a thought- could one of the cams be a tooth or so out due to the shunt?

that's still pending to check. I have to buy a cam-cam chain and rocker cover + inlet manifold gaskets this week :D

thanks for the comment!

fixed!

a new fuel filter and unplugging every single sender and plug and plugging back in, and also using "good" fuel seems to have been good to the car :cuckoo:

so we could say that my car has self-fixed once more :norty: :norty: :norty:

:salute: