sengelow

Peter's VR6...engine bay started, need help with new plug leads

Here we go, picked up the car a week ago and these are the first jobs.

100_1898.jpg

Front driver side wing to be replaced and full bottom half respray scheduled.

100_1891.jpg

Front seats, Furniture Clinic pack received today

100_1895.jpg

Sunroof doesn't work so will probably replace it with a passat sunroof, any suggestions ?

100_1896.jpg

Lots of other stuff to be done i.e heater not working, new stereo, boot carpet, maybe change

dials/lights.

Good news is that the spoiler and windows work properly :clap:

Edited by sengelow

Ah nice to see another one going to a better home. :D will keep watching the progress!

Front driver side wing to be replaced and full bottom half respray scheduled.

100_1891.jpg

yuck! surely that's not an original wing, never seen a factory one go like that unless it's been bent, filled and resprayed.

Good to see you have taken the plunge though I must say that's a strange shade of Blackberry!! :wink:

Good to see you have taken the plunge though I must say that's a strange shade of Blackberry!! :wink:

Green was aways my second choice and I couldn't wait any longer :wink:

good to see this get rescued, looks like you've got lupo wipers, they'd be ones that actually clear the windscreen :)

First job is almost done. I think they've come up ok :)

Can't recommend Furniture Clinic highly enough.

after1.jpg

after2.jpg

The replacement wing is on it's way and we're all booked in for the paintwork next week

The replacement wing has arrived. Many thanks to BadBoyHiggins. Quick delivery and a very nice wing for the price. It's even the right colour :)

It's off to the body shop on Monday.

100_1905-1.jpg

Wooot !! She's finally back from the paintshop. It's a great job and I can finally be seen by other Corrados without embarrasment :clap:

100_1941.jpg

Next job will be to change the wheels, get a replacement sunroof (I will be asking advice on this). I may also be lowering the car a liitle, not too much, just to improve the look of it in profile.

What would I need to do to lower it by 20-30mm ?

First job is almost done. I think they've come up ok :)

Can't recommend Furniture Clinic highly enough.

after1.jpg

after2.jpg

The replacement wing is on it's way and we're all booked in for the paintwork next week

did you respray the whole seat? i did mine and its coming off on the piping[i have porka seats ].the guy said to me what finish do you want .i wanted satin ,didnt know you had to gloss them first then put on the satin . how did you get into the folds of the seat? the only way i can see is to pull the bits away while someone sprays it then dry it with a hairdryer so it wont rub off straight away. doin all mine again and the plastics aswell so it all matches .nice c by the way looks like its gone to a good home .

Wooot !! She's finally back from the paintshop. It's a great job and I can finally be seen by other Corrados without embarrasment :clap:

100_1941.jpg

Next job will be to change the wheels, get a replacement sunroof (I will be asking advice on this). I may also be lowering the car a liitle, not too much, just to improve the look of it in profile.

What would I need to do to lower it by 20-30mm ?

shiny! Good work there so far, keep your thread updated.

I've got some PI springs in excellent condition if that helps with the lowering?

I only used the spray for the first coat. I then used a soft cloth to put a second coat of the paint on and found it was better to get into the folds and then left it for 24 hours to dry.

I did use the gloss first before putting on a couple of coats of satin, again using a cloth.

Not sure about the PI springs, how much would they lower the car by and how much would they cost ?. You can PM me the cost if you prefer.

lower it by about 35mm i think. Say £40+ postage? This is what they were like on my car:

I had the coilovers fitted last week. The ride is still good with no grounding so far, the main thing from my point of view is that it now looks like it shoould do.

lowered.jpg

Last thing to do before I start work on the engine is to decide which wheels (if any) to replace the Speedlines with. I quite like the Lenso cross spokes I've seen. I would probably prefer BBS but the prices are crazy.

Edited by sengelow

looks great, tell me more about this clothing paint then, does that require special skills?!

I'm getting a little frustrated with myattempt to find some different alloys for the car. I've just been to one of the largest stockists near manchester and all they can come up with for replacement 15" alloys that will fit is a single make :(

They're the Fox FX004 they're not too bad and I'll be going back tomorrow to see if these do actually fit.

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/15_Inch_Fox_FX004_Silver_Alloy_Wheels__1311

The problem I have is the tyres that came with car are still excellent with over 7mm of tread on them so I don't really want to change to 16" or 17" and have to buy new tyres.

Anyway good news is that the car sailed through it's MOT with no problems at all.

Looking forward to the Elsecar meeting in a couple of weeks where I'll be looking for lots of tips and advice as to where to work on next.

Personally speaking Peter i think the speedline wheels look superb and is easily the best looking standard wheel for the corrado, have you considered getting them refurbished?

Also more and more people seem to be going back to standard wheels rather than larger aftermarket ones! certainly a few anyway and i've noticed the comments that they have made on how good the car feels on 15" wheels. :)

Kip

Great thread Pete have only just come across it and will follow from now on. As per the wheels i would stick with what you have got mate, i agree with Kip more and more are going back to the OE look, getting them refurbished a hell of a lot cheaper than new non OE. Have a look at mine on a near identical car! Sorry if i missed this but which coilover set did you go for? How much? Am looking at your picture out of one eye and my 'John Deere' out of the other and i am tempted! Best of luck with the car, the DJ