Sign in to follow this  
Rams

Is this bit from my engine?

I found a small part and wasnt sure if its from my car or not? Took the timing covers off and double checked and everything was as it should be but im paranoid about it.... Does anyone recognise it?

Looks like a pizza carton - probably not Quattro Formaggio as that is what Audi uses :nuts:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

in my gf's Probe, several of these came out of the timing belt cover. may not be the same for the corrado, just a thought

Hello mate I believe this is a an insert that goes in a recess in the plastic cover to stop the pressure of a bolt or nut snapping of cracking the plastic.... as in bolt.... sleeved washer.... Plastic... :D

Found it on the floor near my engine..... clutch, fly wheel, timing all checked and cant find where this part goes. Theres no step on the oil sump, its just a gasket and lots of bolts. 26 in fact.

Checked all the engine mounts etc....

I had posted in my members thread that 2 bolts were missing that go through the head hasket and hold together the top timing chain cover.... My mechanic had a big carton of spare nuts and bolts and can only assume it got mixed up in there when looking for 2 bolts to secure the cover correctly.

If anyone has any pics of location that would be great otherwise, its going to do my head in! I know what you mean, its a slieve of sorts but I just want to make sure.

P.S It was good pizza!

Hello mate I believe this is a an insert that goes in a recess in the plastic cover to stop the pressure of a bolt or nut snapping of cracking the plastic.... as in bolt.... sleeved washer.... Plastic... :D

I second that.

You were right.... it was the gear linkage! My mechanic was happy and it was missing..... This forum is the best! :clap:

sleeve for the one of the bolts that hold the gearbox cable bracket to the top of the gearbox? They go through a rubber mount.

Well done that man

Good luck, I hope you find out where it goes, It is such a horrible feeling when you have spares left or find parts... I rebuilt my girlfriends brothers honda CRF 250 engine replacing everything, when finished he produced this SHIM.... he had found on the floor when it had been stripped... FU*CK F*CK F*CK!!!!

Found where it went, gear linkage! Posted above,

You must have been more concious being the car was a relative! Next time I will put all parts in sections on nice white linned and label.

Tell me about... slowly growing feeling of wanting to be sick... :o). Well done mate, I bet you feel relieved!