ANDREW 30

I'm planning on Rotrex charging my VR shortly!

At last after 3 months of waiting and despute on my behalf from the credit card company finally got my money back from storm delvelopments thanks to credit card company

glad thats sorted! what a **** company!!!!

Its safe to say that Stealth, The Phirm and D&G are the best and only places i will take my car... What are you going to do with the Rado now then? Turbo :norty: :grin:

Yeah they are proper **** not to sure what to do will look into still putting a rotex on it if i can keep the cost down . Would love to stealth turbo the rado it would be the ultimate but dont really want to lose my girlfriend for doing it even though we have lost more than the cost of the stealth kit on the ibiza in a year she wont see it like that . Her arugement is why not buy something fast to start with i say i aint got 40,000 grand to spend on a car . So all in all a tad deflated might sell the rado and do as i am told for once :confused4:

I'm sure you could have it mapped so it is'nt making too much power, and you can also fit different sized pulleys to the charger which can either raise or lower the power!

Thanks mate would that charger not be to big only want to run 6psi just want around 250-260 bhp should be reliable that way will call tts and get some more info about them .

In that case yes. I've used TTS a few time and not had a problem, I noticed they seem to have removed the price from their website, so would be interesting to see what the latest price is for just a Rotrex. I recon they will have gone up a bit :( .

Almost to the extent of out pricing a very low boost turbo setup now??????

I'm sure you could have it mapped so it is'nt making too much power, and you can also fit different sized pulleys to the charger which can either raise or lower the power!

85mm IS the max pulley size, which WILL give you around 12psi with that supercharger, which means some method of charge cooling is highly recommended. As for de tuning you could go richer than 12.5 afr and retard timing a bit more than required, but why not make use of that fuel I say :grin:

With a very conservative map I still think your talking 300bhp+ with a 94 Rotrex.

85mm IS the max pulley size, which WILL give you around 12psi with that supercharger, which means some method of charge cooling is highly recommended. As for de tuning you could go richer than 12.5 afr and retard timing a bit more than required, but why not make use of that fuel I say :grin:

With a very conservative map I still think your talking 300bhp+ with a 94 Rotrex.

What figures are you getting from your 94?

Right spoke to tts they were really helpful pretty stunning what they do with a s2000 bet that must be a right laugh rear wheel drive too. There can do a c30-84 kit all in for £1700 leaving me to get brackets pipe work air filter and injectors if i can do all that for a reasonable price its probably worth doing. Just feel its a fine line between doing this and payin the extra for a stealth turbo kit which after mapping might not be alot in it. Food for thought though

It did 320bhp with just aquamist and mapped very rich and retarded. With chargecooler, 12.5afr instead of 11afr and more advance I recon I'm now closer to 350bhp, but not had chance to RR it yet. I'm currently running it without the charger as its pointless in this weather (and makes a fair old difference to economy), as soon as the roads get a bit stickier I get it on the RR again with the blower.

Right spoke to tts they were really helpful pretty stunning what they do with a s2000 bet that must be a right laugh rear wheel drive too. There can do a c30-84 kit all in for £1700 leaving me to get brackets pipe work air filter and injectors if i can do all that for a reasonable price its probably worth doing. Just feel its a fine line between doing this and payin the extra for a stealth turbo kit which after mapping might not be alot in it. Food for thought though

I've got a spare set of 6 bosch 360cc red top injectors here, give me a pm if they are any good to you!

Right spoke to tts they were really helpful pretty stunning what they do with a s2000 bet that must be a right laugh rear wheel drive too.

If you like the idea of a blown S2000, this might whet your appetite :D - http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.p ... year-or-so.

I love the look of S2000s. I can't remember who it was I was speaking to on here who used to own one, but apparently the handling is pretty scary! Would be quite the handful with boost I would imagine!

I'm so glad you have swerved Storm Developments and got your money back!

Rotrex on ebay now:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rotrex-Supercharger-C30-94-suit-306-gti-205-type-r-/230573360701?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35af3e463d

PS I've not forgot about the drawings, its just I've not been in the office much this year so not had any free time.

Thanks mate would that charger not be to big only want to run 6psi just want around 250-260 bhp should be reliable that way will call tts and get some more info about them .

Think this could be perfect for you: http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum ... php?416358

Andrew

Right spoke to tts they were really helpful pretty stunning what they do with a s2000 bet that must be a right laugh rear wheel drive too.

If you like the idea of a blown S2000, this might whet your appetite :D - http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.p ... year-or-so.

I love the look of S2000s. I can't remember who it was I was speaking to on here who used to own one, but apparently the handling is pretty scary! Would be quite the handful with boost I would imagine!

I'm so glad you have swerved Storm Developments and got your money back!

Thats wicked s2000 are really nice and you can pick them up quite cheap these days, Still not sure if i could part with the rado for one. I have heard handling is bad on pre 2004 models and in the wet there a no go :norty: .Like you say a blown would be a handful indeed. On autotrader these days pre 04 s2000 aint bad money but then you can get a porsche boxter for the same sort of money and they have rave reviews too .

Right Had a call from the guy at storm was like really sorry and could not apologise enough he said that someone with near enough the same name as me ordered the same kit as me and he recieved his first hence the mix up with the order not to sure what to make of this as 3 months is to long in anyones book. Now i had contacted ccr racing in norway to try and get a kit direct from them they sent me an email sayin i should try there uk partners storm developments :lol: :lol: . I emailed back saying i had, didnt go into to much detail but there got the idea. So what happens next i get email from ccr sayin there have contacted storm to find out what went on . Guessing as ccr might well be the main supplier for rotex chargers for storm they got a bit of s*** probably is not to good for them as i think all those rotex r32 coversions is there bread and butter. Well ccr email and tell me a kit is on its way within a week which is what i think the phone call from storm was really about . I still have my money refunded which is good and told storm that when the kit is here in the uk to call me and maybe i will have it but under the circumstances in which all this has occurred there is a slight loss of confidence in said company . Just missed out on the rotex kit for sale on vr6oc forum which is a bum , should check it out more often.

Well i've got a shed load of parts and they are all still sat in my garage, I was considering selling everything a few weeks back when I heard that I could fairly soon be losing the van that I get to and from work in each day!

I would'nt be able to use the corrado for the daily commute with fuel prices like they are.

I'm still unsure what to do, but i'm on a course in Wales at the begining of June so I was also thinking if it's going to be all fitted it would be a good time as any!

I take it yours is all finished by now ?

No dude, you cant do that!!! maybe as a very last resort IF it comes to it. Unless you need to recoup some money i'd leave what you have in the garage until your situation changes.

Well i've got a shed load of parts and they are all still sat in my garage, I was considering selling everything a few weeks back when I heard that I could fairly soon be losing the van that I get to and from work in each day!

I would'nt be able to use the corrado for the daily commute with fuel prices like they are.

I'm still unsure what to do, but i'm on a course in Wales at the begining of June so I was also thinking if it's going to be all fitted it would be a good time as any!

I take it yours is all finished by now ?

Bad news about the daily Andrew. I'm with Gaz: After all the trouble you've gone to collecting the parts it'd be a real shame not to follow through with the build now I think.

I don't think mine will ever be "finished" but it's back and fast as all hell! Going back next week for some more mapping and to fit the Traction Control, then I'll do a big post all about it :)

No dont give up, I am just about to go out and get a rotrex C30-84 kit from TTS-Performance and bracket from CCR-Racing in Denmark. Cheaper than Storm by over a 100 quid.