Swompy

Swompy's DBP 24v. New daily

I wouldn't waste the money you make from selling the Corrado, on the Golf... ditch both, buy something newer / more modern but with the TDI and move onwards and upwards. You will miss the Corrado but if you have something a bit more modern and reliable, but still VAG and still moddable, you'll not miss it too much :) I'm looking forward to driving my VR6 again but I can't honestly say I've missed it that much since getting the Octavia VRS.... you might find the same if you get something fun, perhaps with the PD150 or better diesel engine?

It'll be a shame if you sell though Jake.. all the time and money you've put into that! Be a shame to see you go.

Thanks guys i know it will be a shame to sell after all this but needs must unfortunatley.

Just can't find anything I like so far defo looking for a high spec TDI. Bora, passat estates. I do like the sound of the 2.5 tdi passat but trying to find a manual at a decent price isn't easy. any one else recomend. Somethig?

Dont worry jim i will still be on the forum and go to some events and local get to gethers

Can you find a MK4 Golf Anniversary for that kind of money? Always liked those...

That's a shame Jake, but looks like the correct decision :(

What about a Fabia vRS or Octavia vRS TDi? I'm sure Lew/Heather would let you have a go in their Fab if you asked nicely? Fantastic car! The Octy vRS has the 170bhp TDi engine.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

ps- we'll still be expecting you to come along to all the meets 8)

Fabia VRS is an excellent shout.... get one of those and stick a Shark Performance remap on it... it'd probably annhilate your Corrado in a straight line whilst still getting 40MPG :)

Fabia VRS ent bad.

Dont worry Andy I will still be around, made some good friends though the corrado but not going to let that slip just because I dont have one any more

---------- Post added at 3:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:16 PM ----------

I do like the look of the Seat Leon cupra tdi's

---------- Post added at 3:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:28 PM ----------

Going to try and get a test drive in this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-51-Volkswagen-Passat-V6-TDI-2-5TD-MANUAL-4-doors-/330683177658?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4cfe40daba

Shame to hear you're selling, I'm sure you will be back to Corrados in the future. Hope to see you still at some shows though, remember you still have to have that ride in the Ribena Beast?

Gutted for you Jake! If its for the best it will help you part with the c no end but the main thing is its not your first corrado and a sure bet its not the last.

Thanks guys, it certainly something I've had a good think about. Im pretty sure this wont be my last corrado, might do me some good to have some time away from a Corrado.

Only thing that would keep me in a corrado at the moment was if I was offered my old valver! but I will get another one when things get better and have some time and money to spare.

In the words of the terminator "I'll be back" even tho Im not going any where, I will still be on the forum, such a great place to just chat all thanks to the people on here :D

Like Andy said you can drive Heathers Fabia any time, It's been remapped and deffo feels quicker than my Corrado, dunno about your's though :) can see your viewpoint at the minute though, Corrado's are a real money pit.

Hi Swompy. Long time no see. Sorry to hear you are selling your corrado, but you are not alone. I'm about to sell mine to. It's a real wrench & I can't talk about it too much else I'll start crying again, lol. Basically I need more doors after having my daughter but I have really enjoyed my corrado owning experience. Funny how I remember you getting excited over being in that vid I posted of all the corrados on that cruise from local meet to D&G "I'm famous" lol. Take care! Hev :)

Fabia VRS ent bad.

Dont worry Andy I will still be around, made some good friends though the corrado but not going to let that slip just because I dont have one any more

---------- Post added at 3:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:16 PM ----------

I do like the look of the Seat Leon cupra tdi's

---------- Post added at 3:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:28 PM ----------

Going to try and get a test drive in this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-51-Volkswagen-Passat-V6-TDI-2-5TD-MANUAL-4-doors-/330683177658?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4cfe40daba

Such a shame after all the work you've had done....

Not sure about V6 Tdi, heard all to often that you are better off with the 1.9 130bhp, better engine, better economy, less tax etc etc...

Personally love my A4 Sport Tdi like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160832766724?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Good luck with the sale.

I'd second that about the V6 TDi. Not that great economy at all. My sis has the A4 and her husband used to have the A6. Lovely cars, but not much faster than the 'lesser' engines and much less frugal.

I have been doing some research and come across the same reviews about the 2.5, the one 1,9 seams to be the better engine all round.

I do like the look of audi A4 both the avant and saloon models. Its just trying to find one with decent miles at a decent price

I've changed my mind.....again and im going to keep the old girl and take her off the road for a bit! going to sort out little niggle bits as well as look at going AWD and charging the 24v lump. Ambitious I know but will be something I can take my time over and learn my way around the car.

also going to sort the body work out, strip the under seal and treat rust as well as get the paint work sorted.

Are you mad? Wait, don't answer that we already know the answer! You can certainly save some dosh with it off the road - I even cancelled my insurance last autumn/winter - bit risky perhaps!

Been messing around with some very bright paint and the roof of my daily over the last few days.

555917_10150899931761853_1162133027_n.jpg

320463_10150899932196853_892771544_n.jpg

Didnt quite come out 100% the matt white base coat ran a little under the masking tape which is a bit of a pain. Plus some of the newspaper let some paint through :( Just need to touch it up with some matt black and a bit of wet and dry

Swompy,

Just going back a few pages, the power issue you were having...What engine and management are you running? MK4? MK5?

The engine came from a bora 4motion so would mk4 AUE code I think it's the standard ecu with a map can't remember which one tho. I think the map is just a generic one to reduce the throttle response as on the 24v it's very sensitive