VR6Pete

Stealth Racing Rolling Road Day - 1st May 2011

Hi All,

The VR6OC have arranged a rolling road day at Stealth Racing, historically, this has been a brilliant day, and attracts a good number of VR6's.

You dont need me to tell you the Reputation of Vince/Stealth Racing.

Prices are £25 for 2 runs, and a printout - which I think is reasonable.

The date of the event is 1st May 2011, further information can be read http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum ... php?417714 as it becomes available.

map.jpg

Stealth Racing UK, Units 6 & 12, Warwick House Industrial Estate, Banbury Road, Southam, Warwickshire, CV47 2PT

Phone: 01926 812259 Fax: 01926 817739

Things to check before you put your car on the rolling road!

- Tracking / Camber - if your car’s tracking / camber is out, this can cause the car to pull to one side, and may not give accurate figures.

- Suspension height - If your car is too low, you may not be able to get onto the rollers, please raise suspension to an adequate level.

- Oil Leaks - If your car has an oil leak, it would be recommended to rectify prior to running on a rolling road, also check your oil levels to ensure you are not running low!

- Coolant - Likewise, please check for coolant leaks, and top up as required prior to running on the rolling road.

- Food - Bring some food, as there is not much in the way of shops near to Stealth Racing (Petrol station situated just around the corner from Stealth Racing.

Please let me know via way of reply if you plan to attend, or wish to run on the rolling road.

Thanks for reading, and hope to see some of you there to balance out the Golf VR6 owners ;)

Facebook Event Page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=181212298593773

Cheers

Pete

Edited by VR6Pete

May just come along. Although, mines a valver.

Gotta give Vince and the lads at Stealth a lot of credit, they just did all the work on the front suspension on my Rado, and it feels like a brand new car and set up brilliantly, very very pleased with the work they did.

Bugger! I was only talking to CrazyDave last night about getting my car down to a rolling road day but I'm away that weekend...... :(

Historically, we have had other cars running, usually at the end of the day... at a rolling road we organised a few years ago at powerstation we had a couple of rari's running :) so no limitation as to what runs, its all about people getting together, and having a good day in my opinion :)

The only restriction is that the rolling road is 2 wheel drive only, so 4x4, r32's 4mo's wont be able to run unless you fancy disconnecting your rear wheel drive... I think on some models its as simple as removing a fuse, but dont quote me on that, and obviously you would only be getting a power reading from the front wheels only so not sure how this would affect the output figures?

Pete

yes mate, VRT's welcome, we have a few people on the OC with turbo's R32'ed, 4Mo's and VR6's too :)

Sounds like fun. I'll stick this in the diary and see if I can make it. :D

Assuming I can come along, I'd like to run the car on the rollers. Presumably, you'll collect payments for those wishing to run nearer the time so you know how many you're expecting...

They're taking £5 deposits off folks - following the post on the VR6OC forum :) Hoping to make this one and see what my VR is putting out!

1st May 2011 = Standford Hall for anyone who had intended to be there.

Put my name down too for a couple of runs. Turbo should be finished end of March, would be good to meet some more members too.

Ah - that's me out then. Stanford Hall I'm already down to be on the club stand.

Never mind!

Will be a good day, last one I organised we were still running cars at 5pm and vr's were overflowing the car park :-) and now I'm back in a VR I thought I'd better get back on with club chairman duties :)

Will get your names down guys... Vince has said we can run around 25 - 27 cars.

Afternoon all.

We are now taking deposits for the rolling road day at Stealth Racing on 1st may 2011, could you please confirm if you are still attending and wishing to run your car, please send a £5 deposit to [email protected].

If you can confirm that you have made your deposit via this thread, that would be great!

I have the following people noted as attending.

jamminvr6storm (thecorrado.net forum)

Redtyphoon (thecorrado.net forum)

VR6matty (thecorrado.net forum)

Everyone is welcome to attent to watch if you do not wish to run on the day!

Pete

Cheers Tony.

Hi all.

Still awaiting deposits from;

14 grim1 (thecorrado.net forum)

15. jamminvr6storm (thecorrado.net forum)

16. Redtyphoon (thecorrado.net forum)

17. VR6matty (thecorrado.net forum)

If you are no longer able to attend, please let me know so we can allocate your spaces to other people :)

everyone is welcome to attend, and i'm sure a few of you would be interested in seeing Stealths Corrado VR6 Turbo!

Deposit has been sent through paypal. How many of us will put car on to the rolling road then?

Thanks RedTyphoon - Unfortunatly, we are at risk of this event being cancelled due to a large number of people dropping out when we wanted to take deposits to firm up numbers...

Stealth Racing require a min of 20 cars running to open up on the Sunday and we are WAY off that mark, dispite a greater number of folk who said they would attend when we first arranged this :)

So unless more people show an interest over the next couple of weeks to get the numbers up, i'm afraid we will have to return peoples deposits and postpone until later in year.

Thanks.

Pete