bradvr6

MK6 Steering Wheel - Anyone fitted one?

Hi Guys,

I have in my posetion, a MK6 multifunction steering wheel and was wondering whether anyone has fitted one (or something similar) to their C before? I've had the OEM wheel off and the Golf one fits but I'm not sure how I'm going to get the horn to work as the corrado slip ring is obviously different to the new Golf wheel. Does anyone know if the MK6 slip ring is interchangable with the C's? I've considered modding the wheel itself but I really don't want to ruin an expensive piece of kit. :?

I'm not too fussed about having the multifunction buttons working as from what I've read, it's very difficult if not impossible.

Any advice would be great as the re-trim is moving along quite quickly now and I really need this mod to work :nuts:

Dont think this would look good if Im honest, too new. Dont really see the point in fitting it if you cannot use the buttons either. Sell it on and use the money for something more suited to the car.

hard to say wot it would like, but my first thought was that it would be cool if you could utilise the stereo controls...maybe with one of the double din units it was meant for or even with stalk adaptor for aftermarket radios??

i was fitting a handsfree kit in a new golf the other day and the steering controls plug into the quadlock connector on rear of stereo so cant see why it would lead to any where other than the steering cowling loom so sure it could be done :D

I'm sure someone else has done it on here but can't remember who..... they also fitted the dash as well I think....

I'm sure someone else has done it on here but can't remember who..... they also fitted the dash as well I think....

Now if you fitted the dash also, then that would be a different story.

It's a much larger diameter wheel that the original. Will look silly, also doesn't line up with the cowling.

6N2 Polo GTi wheel is a good option (but a little thin)

Thanks for the imput chaps!

I'm sure fitting a new dash will look great with the funds to back it :roll:

I've got to say , I've had the wheel on and I personally think it looks well, especially now the retrim is coming along nicely. The wheel itslef is actually only 10mm larger in diameter and smaller than the original if you measure from top to bottom. I don't know if it's any smaller because it's from a Rocco.

Looks as though a mk5 or 6 slip ring will work if I can connect that up as a replacement for the old slip ring. Mate of mine reckons it can be done so we will see how that pans out. If there is anyone out there who has done this, any advice would be much appreciated!

It's a much larger diameter wheel that the original. Will look silly, also doesn't line up with the cowling.

6N2 Polo GTi wheel is a good option (but a little thin)

Yeah I remember you bringing that posh Audi flat bottomed one round for me once (when I lived in Ipswich) and it just didn't suit the car at all. Felt bloody lovely to hold though.

I remember thinking at the time the slip ring for the horn wasn't insurmountable, so let us know how it goes Brad!