Sign in to follow this  
badgerman

Another one bites the dust in Chichester - one less C

After driving up to Chichester and having a really nice evening with my girlfriend I woke this morning to this. Apart from the obvious body damage the suspension is shagged (arm, shocker and driveshaft). I haven't assessed the other side and the effects of it being forced to mount the curb. Not sure how the alloys faired either. The last picture shows how far the car was pushed back as I was parked near where the girl is standing.

The plod pretty much said there was nothing they could do and there had been no reports. Probably not going to claim on my insurance so there might be some 16v parts available soon!!

But if anyone saw a bent up silver ford estate around chichester with a bunch of guys in it report it to the plod - my girlfriends housemates saw a wagon of that description acting suspiciously around 3 in the morning near the car. Might be totally innocent but seems like too much of a coincidence.

th_IMG_6546.jpg

th_IMG_6547.jpg

th_IMG_6548.jpg

th_IMG_6549.jpg

Edited by badgerman

Oh jeez :(

Sorry to hear about that mate :(

I know how devastating it can be for your car to be hit like that and for someone to do a runner, hope someone owns up!

That's rough luck.

Worth getting it assessed to see how much it would be to put right?

F*$%kin A$$holes, am livid for ya mate that's awful , wasn't long ago my car was scratched badly. Can't imagine how you must be feeling..

That's rough luck.

Worth getting it assessed to see how much it would be to put right?

yeah, I am looking into it now but I suspect that it the body repair will cost more than its worth in total. I am looking into it now.

Thanks for the support guys, I am pretty gutted but I am more sad that there is potentially one less on the roads. We'll see but I don't hold much hope.

Yes, I guess it's down to how good the rest of the car v having to go off and get another and bring to same condition.

that sucks, let me know whats goin on, ive got a few bits if you need some., if it hasent bent the chassis leg, which is doubt full, you could get away with a wing and all the other bits yousaid. its the paint that would cost a bit.if you decide to break, you know im just around the corner .and you know me i alway need parts.but lets hope it doesnt come down to that.

that sucks, let me know whats goin on, ive got a few bits if you need some., if it hasent bent the chassis leg, which is doubt full, you could get away with a wing and all the other bits yousaid. its the paint that would cost a bit.if you decide to break, you know im just around the corner .and you know me i alway need parts.but lets hope it doesnt come down to that.

Cheers buddy, I will keep you posted.

utter bstards, some of society these days are just scum. i blame 'Shameless' for glamourising it all.

anyway, hope you can sort it in time badgerman.

Time for a Corrado update. Having got the car back and got over my melodramatic 'its a write off stage' I was able to be far more rational about its repair. Its too good to strip and although I would never condemn someone for breaking a C because they couldn't sell it complete for as much as they could in bits (as I nearly did this myself) I certainly didn't want to take another off the road if I didn't need to.

So. . . . I got out there today and made the most of the sunny weather by replacing some bent bits of my C's suspension. Fortunately I had a Subframe and another rack so I could replace the tie rod that was on the wang and the wishbone that had crumpled. It appears that the ARB was not bent beyond its limit as it seems to be fairly happy now that it is all back together. I did however decide I didn't need any skin on my knuckles and promptly bashed it off on various bits of the car.

On completion I realised I was a little too optimistic about the suspension struts lack of damage and the pictures highlight a rather satisfying (if intentional) but undesirable camber to the wheel. I have a single corner that has 'stance'!

th_IMG_6623.jpg

th_IMG_6624.jpg

Not knowing the cars suspension history and not being sure if it has been lowered or not, I think my best bet is to get a set of coilies and replace em all along with the top mounts. Anyone got a set kicking about?

Anyway, in the meantime here is my substitute ride until I sort my sh*t out.

th_IMG_6627.jpg

I could get used to this VR malarky. . . . . . .