Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Filth

New and may be a Corrado owner soon...

Evening all,

I'm a long time VW fan and have already owned many but am now considering Corrado ownership...

I currently drive a P-reg mk3 16v GTi that I have only owned for about 6 months. It's only got 105,000miles on the clock with an MOT that runs out in October this year. I have dropped it on coilovers, fitted a B3 Passat lip spoiler with clear indicators/foglights and side repeaters.

My mate has got a J-reg 1.8 16v Corrado for sale. It's a silver car that has some damage. It needs a new front wing, sills straightening and some rear arch work. It also needs a new pedal box, steering column and clutch servo. He wants about £500 for it, but I was considering seeing if he would wanna px the golf for it.

Anyone got any ideas as to how much it would cost to repair this car, and how much it would be worth once done? Also, just to see what the car would drive like compared to the GTi...

This is only my opinion so feel free to disregard it and substitute it with what you consider better advice!

But, to me, it sounds like it's not worth even bothering with. If he wants to give it to you, fair enough, but I wouldn't be parting with cash or another car for it.

Unless it has stupidly low mileage and it mint apart from the problems (unlikely), I would suggest it's not worth very much even after you've done the work, which will take a fair bit of time, effort and cash.

But, saying all that, if you're competent with bodywork and mechanicals and enjoy projects like this, by all means, it wouldn't be a catastrophe if you bought it. But I don't think you'd be asking for opinions if that was the case ;)

Or maybe it's just 7am and my caffeine levels are low! :) In actual fact it would be nice to see one restored rather than scraped!

Tbh the question you realy have to ask yourself is do you realy like the car...... I paid a lot more than that for mine (ok low milage now on 84k) but as said above if you want to make a project of it go for it i say. wont lie thoe corrado parts arent cheap and arent easy to find. FFS I just bought a new head light switch from VW £70 that blody sw cost me all because the old rocker cover snaped of and if you buy a second hand one you can bet your botom dollar that one will break.

So in the grand sceme of things £500 is nothing for a corrado if you realy want it and let face it you could prob knock a nifty off you m8.

And as said above it would be nice to see another c being saved from the cluches of the scrap yard.

Just my opinion obviously, but £500 for a valver with that many 'issues' isn't worth it. I paid £300 for my G-reg valver, and that's was straight, good runner and drove well and had a mint interior! Seems like a hell of a lot of cash to me....

2p

Thanks for the replies and opinions.

Normally I wouldn't ask such a question but I've never seriously looked into Corrado's and have no idea on parts and such or prices. All I know is that I think they're one of the best looking VW's and that they're rare. Both of which are attractive options to me.

The one is question is a low mileage car with a recently recon'd engine that was in really good condition before the incident.

Unfortunately the 'incident' was the car being stolen, but recovered later that day with the damage listed above. If it is registered as stolen/recovered I definately won't take the car. Here are a few pics of the car...

Before:

155479_471028846528_516876528_6049617_2535879_n.jpg

Damage:

76210_463707291528_516876528_5964271_8347305_n.jpg

148888_463707386528_516876528_5964273_6807311_n.jpg

148874_463708141528_516876528_5964277_4006434_n.jpg