Sign in to follow this  
Plumber_Carl

Hello from Cornwall :-)

Dont worry iam not cornish!!! :lol:

Hello to you all, your site was recomended to be by a friend, i currently have no car after trading mine in to start my own business but iam look at getting a corrado G60 in the next couple of months so i thought it would be wise to come on here and learn a bit about them from people who already have them!! :wink:

Iam 20 years old live in the southwest and run my own plumbinmg and heating business my last car was a Mk4 astra sport...Not a quick car but i liked it!! Well thats enough about me...... iam going to have a read of your site!!

Carl

Hello and welcome, your going to learn lots here loads of info :wink: Just wondering but how much have you got to spend on a G60 ?

Hopefully i will learn lot!!

Iam looking to spend between £4000- £5000 What do you rekon, will i get one for that, i havent done any looking around yet so i dont really have a general idea of what they go for.

Oh and i really want a black one!!!

Welcome to the forum...

For that kinda cash you'll get a really nice G60... 8)

Not fancy a VR6 for that sort of money? Do you specifically want a G60? If I had between 4 and 5k I would opt for a VR6.

Tbh mate my friend has a golf vr6 and iam not overly impressed by it....is thevr6 quicker than the G60? i know the vr6 is a 2.8 but the G60 is supercharged!

Theres a big difference between a corrado vr6 and a golf vr6, more powerful 2.9 engine and different final drive in the gearbox making it a good bit quicker.

Yeah the Corrado VR6 is a totally different animal to the Golf VR6, both in terms of acceleration and handling. Highline Golfs are better and faster than non-highlines though.

K

I just reckon the VR6 has more prestige about it myself - that why mine's a 2.0l 16v 8) and I would opt for the VR6 as it is more highly regarded - when I mention I have a Corrado most people in the know automatically ask if its a VR6. This is just my opinion but if I was to upgrade from my valver there would only be one choice - the VR6. Would love to drive them both though. Really fancy the noise of the supercharger. There are many threads on the forum concerning the G60 vs VR6. VR6 is quicker as standard but you can tune the G60 and play about with it more to increase performance but supercharger rebuilds after 60k (correct me if I'm wrong here) are costly. I know people who have spent as much money on their G60 engines alone that could have bought a good nick VR6. I would do as much research as I could and if possible drive both types to see what suits you more. Just make sure you get a sweet one :wink:

Best of luck! :)

I know people who have spent as much money on their G60 engines alone that could have bought a good nick VR6

Do I know you?!? ;) :oops: :lol:

Yeah partly agree with Bojmobile, i reckon your best bet is to try both like Bojmobile says, but try and drive a G60 which as been uprated ie chip, pulley etc in standard form the vr is better, but a breathed on G60 is just as good in my opinion. Also rebuilds for charger should be about 40k to be on the safe side. good luck trying to decide :)

Dont worry iam not cornish!!! :lol:

l

steeeeeaaaadddddyyyy :D :D

I'm fairly satisfied with my valver and my 'big plans' for it at the moment!!

But if i had to choose, i'd probably go VR6. Mind you the G60's are rare as hens teeth, and have that individuality, I only know of one down these parts so chances are you'll have to travel....

anyways welcome and best of luck :wink:

Well after reading all of your thoughts and having a chat with mad dub from on here, my plan has changed :lol: the origional plan was to buy a G60 uprate the cams rods and pulley and chip it then hopefully it would be about the same power if not more than a vr6 but if iam planning to do all that then why not buy a quicker car to start with and do the same to it!! :twisted:

Thanks for the help guys at the end of the day thats the reason i came on here.... to learn!! :wink:

Carl

.....just occured to me - I picked up a copy of that free local car rag you get from service stations at the weekend, think the name is 'auto freeway' :?:

ain't got it with me at mo, but there's a vr for sale in hayle if i remember correctly - get it checked out :mrgreen:

.....just occured to me - I picked up a copy of that free local car rag you get from service stations at the weekend, think the name is 'auto freeway' :?:

ain't got it with me at mo, but there's a vr for sale in hayle if i remember correctly - get it checked out :mrgreen:

Auto weekly :? tbh mate iam not in the market just yet for 1, iam just trying to learn a bit about them before in a couple of months i can afford to buy1... i dont want to get 1 till i can afford to get a good 1 :lol:

Thanks for letting me know though...

Carl

I just modified my 1990 g60 into a 16v g60 convertion. Its sick!! weeeeeeeee

tell us more... got any pics of your sick beast...

I just modified my 1990 g60 into a 16v g60 convertion. Its sick!! weeeeeeeee

COOL! 8) show us some pics! :)

How did you do it? custom pistons etc, KR block or something even more outragious? 8)