Sign in to follow this  
Ice White Socks

Pad Wear Indicators?

Hello,

I remember reading a thread on these a couple of days ago- Will my car have them (its a VR Storm), if so will they be on all four pads? finally will they indicate on the ABS Light, the brake warning light or on another indicator.

Cheers

Mike

My G60 has the connectors for wear indicators, but I've never put indicator pads in 'cos they're not as thick as normal pads and I can see when my pads need changing ;)

have a look at 'em Fat_Tony :roll:

I tend to take the wheels off my 'rado every couple of weeks just to check things over (when she's on the road anyway... :roll: ) so I have a look at the pads then to see how much meat is left on 'em... 8)

have a look at 'em Fat_Tony :roll:

I tend to take the wheels off my 'rado every couple of weeks just to check things over (when she's on the road anyway... :roll: ) so I have a look at the pads then to see how much meat is left on 'em... 8)

lol I can see them 8)

But the question should have read how low can you go or do you just wait for grinding noise as suggested. I can see the fronts but the rears are a bit harder to spot. I figured taking the wheel off would do it was looking for something easier.

Would hand break travel be a good indicator ( I know that they stretch) I have pads in the cupboard just being Scottish and all want to get the most out of these ones lol

thanks for the suggestions