Sign in to follow this  
JasonSanders

Group Buy. Corrado Polished Stainless Bonnet Lifters

Hello,

JasonSanders, where are you getting them from? I looked into this a while ago and almost bought myself a set,

but the owner of the shop said that his friend's C had suffered a lot from these lifters. Things like they came open with

such a force that it was constantly ripping the mountings. And of course, other rumours I've heard is that supposedly

some of the bonnets will have 'holes' in the right places for the mountings, but that a VR owner has to drill :shock:

I've tried asking around newsgroups for anyone who actually has these lifters, but no

one's has admitted to it yet :cry:

I left them at that after all these horrible news, but I'd still love a set! So if you could supply a little bit more info, I'll scribble

an 'x' on the dotted line :) My OE support is rusty and seems to be bending out of shape slowly :?

Cheers,

Rica

ive tried all sorts of bonnet lifters but without success,even tried mk3 golf lifters but would need to drill holes in the bonnet

they fit any corrado, if they dont fit or forsome reason cant be fitted, ud get a full refund. They are made by a company called INXX, they are coming from germany along with a very large order for various vauxhalls, loads of people over at migweb.co.uk are using these lifters on their cars without problems

if you can garuntee that they fit i may have a set,ive even asked awesome gti about there bonrath ones and they said that they arnt sure if they fit the late bonnets :?

Undoubtedly,

You've all seen the other thread running alongside. Clicky

Over there, it says the INXX lifters only fit early style bonnets... As I said,

they would be nice, but don't want to buy something that's not going to fit outright

Cheers,

Rica

right what ill do is, at the moment ill only accept orders for early bonnets. then ill grab one and check it on a corrado with a late style bonnet and ill let you all know, hows that?

ill have a set jason, would these bolt on or would hey require any drilling ect. I have early bonnet.

rgds

right to all people that want them,

U need to send a cheque or postal order for 22.50 to

K.Thornton

57 Glenwood Avenue

Westcliff-on-Sea

Essex

SS0 9DJ.

Enclose a covering letter saying u got the information through me (Jason Sanders) and your address, Also pm me or email me so I know you have sent payment. We will be delaying the order til the end of next week so if you can get the cheques off before then your lifters will arrive in this months shipment, if not they will be ordered with next months. Once we get them give us a few days to get them out to everyone.

Cheers Jason

Don't want to burst anyones bubble but I have a set of the INXX lifters.

I had to drill the bonnet & tap the holes obviously, this isn't too hard a job if you have the right drill & tap to hand but you have to be extra careful to drill into the spot weld else you don't have enough thickness of metal to hold the thread!

Here are some pics i've just ran out to take, god it's freezing out there!

Chris

I ordered a lifter from VolsBits in Birmingham.

They said the Corrado only needed one?

is this true or did they shaft me?

i am sure as strong as the strut is i wont have any trouble but i just wanted to be sure.

thanks.

mike